Wednesday, 12 April 2017

SugarPea Designs April Release Day 3: Teacher

Hi everyone and welcome day 3 of the SugarPea Designs April 2017 release sweet peeks!

Today we have 5 school-themed products to introduce, including 3 that I had the pleasure of designing!

This month, we are adding to the ever-growing SPD invetory of 'scape' dies with the brand *NEW* SugarCut - SchoolScape die set.  I designed this set to include a separate road die, as well as lots of additional dies to add detail to the scene.  (FYI - As with all the SPD 'scape' I have illustrated to date, the ends of the SchoolScape and Road die match up to allow you to cut a continuous orientation of the scene).


*NEW* SugarPea Designs: SugarCut - SchoolScape
*NEW* SugarPea Designs: SugarCut - Teacher
*NEW* SugarPea Designs: Class Act
Bazzill cardstock: Coconut Swirl, Blackberry Swirl, Flintstone
Stampin' up cardstock: Real Red


I had a lot of fun piecing together this scene!  I began by cutting out the base scene from dark green cardstock.  I then cut out the school from red card and the bus from yellow card and glued them on top.  I coloured the tree trunks using a brown marker pen, and the flag pole and school bell in black.  I then cut out a second base scene using a lighter green card, carefully snipped off all the elements so that I was left with just the rolling hillside, and glued this on top to hide all the joins.  Finally, I cut out the road from grey cardstock and glued it on top.  I fixed the scene to a panel of light blue card (for the sky) and added a black border to the bottom.  I then set to work cutting out all the little pieces - wheels, flag, clouds, windows, roof detail and door - and added them to the scene.  I used the inlaid die-cutting technique to add the little white pieces to the centre of the road as well as the centres of the bus wheels.  I cut out the *NEW* SugarCut - Teacher word from black cardstock and the individual apple from red cardstock.  The separate apple in this die set fits exactly over the apple shape in the teacher word die!  Finally, a sentiment from the *NEW* Class Act stamp set.

I went a little mad when making cards for this release, and made 3 more with today's products!  I won't go into detail of how I made each of them, else we'll be here all day, haha, so instead, I will list the supplies I used under each card.  With the exception of cardstock and ink, everything I used is from SugarPea Designs (and designed by me!):


*NEW* SugarPea Designs: Sweet Sentiments - Teacher stamp set
*NEW* SugarPea Designs: Sugar & Spice paper pad
SugarPea Designs: SugarCut - Notebook Journal Card die set
SugarPea Designs: Noted stamp set
SugarPea Designs: SugarCut - Simple Numbers die set
Bazzill cardstock: Coconut Swirl, Date Swirl, Watermelon Sensation
Stampin' Up cardstock:
Memento ink: Gray Flannel



*NEW* SugarPea Designs: Sweet Sentiments - Teacher stamp set
*NEW* SugarPea Designs: SugarCut - Teacher die set
*NEW* SugarPea Designs: Sugar & Spice paper pad
SugarPea Designs: SugarCut - Notebook Journal Card die set
SugarPea Designs: SugarCut - Zig Zag Stitched Rectangles die set
Bazzill cardstock: Coconut Swirl, Date Swirl, Flintstone, Watermelon Sensation,
Stampin' Up cardstock: Memento ink: Gray Flannel




*NEW* SugarPea Designs: Sweet Sentiments - Teacher stamp set
SugarPea Designs: SugarCut - Zig Zag Stitched Rectangles die set
Bazzill cardstock: Coconut Swirl
Memento ink: Gray Flannel, Rose Bud
Versamagic ink: Pink Grapefruit, Thatched Straw, Sea Breeze, Turquoise Gem, Ocean Depth



Here are the products we are peeking today:


SugarCut - SchoolScape (designed by me)

SugarCut - Teacher (designed by me)

Sweet Sentiments - Teacher (designed by me)




Sugar & Spice paper pad (designed by me)



And here are the other (previously-released) products I used when making today's cards:







Please note
All new product release links will become active Friday, April 14th at 6pm EST when the release goes live!

If you'd like to WIN the Class Act stamp set, all you need to do is leave a comment on the SugarPea Designs blog! You have all week to comment, and winners during our April Product Release will be announced on Monday, April 17th.

Thanks for stopping by today! See you tomorrow for our next day of sneak peeks!

Hugs,

6 comments:

  1. Wow. Your cards are fantastic. Love your uses of that little apple die.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fantastic cards, I do wish there was a male teacher as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great variety of teacher cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All cute cards. Love the first one with the bus. The sugarcut bus is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x