Friday, 24 March 2017

Coffee Lover's Blog Hop Spring 2017: SugarPea Designs

Supplies
SugarPea Designs Caffeine Addict stamp set
SugarPea Designs Classroom Cupids stamp set (heart)
SugarPea Designs Noted stamp set (check mark)
Memento ink: Tuxedo Black, Cottage Ivy, Rich Cocoa, Toffee Crunch, Desert Sand

Versamagic ink: Pink Petunia
Copic markers: G07, G05, G02, YG41, G000, R32, R20, R30, R00, E43, E42, E41, W3, W1, 0

Hi everyone!

Today is the beginning of a brand new Coffeee Lovers Blog hop! Woo-hoo!  The hop runs from today (March 24th) through March 31st.  There are tonnes of amazing prizes generously donated by sponsors, so be sure to check it out!

SugarPea Designs is one of the sponsors for this event, so of course, I just had to use the coffee-themed goodies I designed for SugarPea Designs for my hop card!

I decided to build some stamped coffee cups using the Caffeine Addict stamp set.   (All the images and sentiments, with the exception of the heart and check mark, are from the Caffeine Addict stamp set). 

I did quite a bit of masking, but as the shapes are so easy to cut out, it didn't take very long at all.  To achieve the faded straw inside the iced coffee cups, I simply masked off the coffee cup and stamped the straw at the top of the cup first, then masked this off and stamped the lower portion of the straw in a different, lighter coloured ink. (The pink straw in the green cup was stamped using Versamagic Pink Petunia and Memento Desert Sand, and the brown straw as stamped using Memento Rich Cocoa and Toffee Crunch).  As I coloured everything using Copic Markers, I used Memento ink so I could colour over the straws without worrying about the ink smudging or ruining my markers.



Noted (check mark)


Thanks for stopping by!

Hugs,

38 comments:

  1. I love these pretty pink and greens! Perfect for a beautiful spring coffee card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so pretty in this color combo! Love!!! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGOSH this is awesome, I love how you colored the cups, they almost look real.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great design with your row of masked cups - beautiful coloring on it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, such a lovely card in beautiful color with all the coffees...love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love, love, love your card! The colors go together so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Simonne!
    This is FABULOUS!! I'm a coffee lover, too. Thanks for sharing your talents.

    For another fun challenge, you're welcome to join us at Word Art Wednesday (our sponsor is Simon Says Stamp). We'd love to have you. www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

    Blessings,
    Karen Letchworth

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, this is so SWEET. The colors are super AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love everything about your card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These drinks look so real! Love this.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this card and the pink with the green. So pretty and perfect for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super design and I love your colors. What fabulous masking! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the row of variety of coffee cups, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Look at all those delishious coffees in a row

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your card and the Sugar Pea stamp set. Must have.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like your pretty row of coffee drinks.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love all the delicious coffee goodies on your card design. Great colors for Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Simmone, this card is beyond amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So VERY beautiful! The coloring is just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a beautiful card, lovely colors and delicious cups!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I absolutely ADORE this sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is absolutely incredible, I'm so drawn to this card. Love your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your card totally ROCKS!! Love the colors, the design, your coloring...amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love so much these cups!!! Great card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such a perfect grouping of fun cups!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I really loveee your coloring this big and adorable Coffee cup
    you colored it looks like a real one and the stamp is totally oh I am in love miss lady
    your card is AMAZING!!!
    GREAT CARD!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gorgeous color combo on your sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Such a beautiful and fun card! The coloring is perfection and I adore the pink and green colors for Spring! Makes me think of Easter. I've been in search of a new coffee stamp set and I just found it! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow! This is a fantastic card! Love love love those cups and your coloring on each of them is wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete
  30. OMGosh I just love this, so super cute

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x