Friday, 9 December 2016

Coffee Lover's Blog Hop Winter 2016: SugarPea Designs


Hi everyone!

A quick post from me today to share my card for this week's Coffee Lovers Blog hopSugarPea Designs is one of the sponsors for this event, so of course, I had to use my SugarPea Designs coffee- themed goodies!

First, I cut out my card front using the largest rectangle from the the SugarCuts - Zig Zag Stitched Rectangles die set and then did a little ink smooshing using Peacock Feathers and Mermaid Lagoon distress inks.  I stamped the coffee bean heart from the Caffeine Addict stamp set in Memento Rich Cocoa, then stamped over it in Versamark ink and heat embossed with clear EP (difficult to see in the photo!). The sentiment is from the Espresso Yourself stamp set and was heat embossed in white onto some brown cardstock.  I trimmed it into 2 parts (and also took away the word "a") then fixed it to my card using some foam pads.  Finally, I die cut "Coffee" from brown card using the SugarCuts - Coffee Words die set.





For my layout, I followed this week's sketch over at CAS(E) this Sketch #201:

 


Have a great day!

Hugs,

28 comments:

  1. This is so very cute and sweet! LOVE your coffee bean heart. Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That artsy wash of color is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card and I love the coffee bean heart too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely background and cute heart image with the beans.

    ReplyDelete
  5. super cute! love the background

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fun card, love the watercolored background. The blue is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aweosme card!!! The heart is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OhMyJingleStix!! What a super cute and fun card. Thank you for sharing and for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your pretty color combination! Looks great!
    holiday Hugs!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a fun card. I love the ink smooshing and the color really makes the I age pop.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable card!
    I have my coffee word die set out, ready to use ...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the coffee beans in the heart shape!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous design! Love everything about it. I love the inking.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous card...love that sweet coffee bean heart!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty! Love that coffee bean heart!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was really impressed with how you stamped all those coffee beans in a perfect heart ... and then I saw the stamp set lol! What a wonderful card. My BF and I go for breakfast and coffee (lots of coffee) every Sunday - may have to get this set to make a card for her!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So pretty. I love the blue watercolor splatter behind the heart.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love everything about this card!!! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great card! I also love that stamp set! Thanks for showcasing these wonderful products for others to discover.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great card and I love your take on the sketch!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x