Thursday, 25 August 2016

SugarPea Designs August 2016 Release: Day 4

Hi everyone and welcome to Day 4 of the SugarPea Designs August Release!

Today we are sneak peeking the darling Fangtastic stamp set.


I started by adding some die-cut stitching along the left and right edges of a 4x5.5" piece of Bazzill Blackberry Swirl cardstock.  I then added some white pigment ink to create the halo of the moon.  To create the moon, I inked a white die cut circle with Spice Marmalade distress ink and added some drops of water. 

I used my MISTI to stamp the sentiment.  I positioned the black card into the corner of my MISTI, laid the inked moon in place, and then positioned the sentiment where I wanted it, which I then picked up with the MISTI lid.  I then removed the moon, stamped the sentiment in Versamark ink onto the black card, and heat embossed it with white embossing powder.  I placed the heat embossed piece of black card back into the corner of the MISTI and secured the inked moon in place with the magnets.  I slipped a piece of scrap paper under the moon so that it covered the sentiment that I'd already heat embossed onto the black card, and then stamped the sentiment a second time with Versamark ink so that the sentiment only stamped onto the moon.  Once this sentiment had been heat embossed, I glued the moon to the black card, lining up the 2 embossed sentiments.  (Using this technique enabled me to have a seamless sentiment, which wouldn't have been possible if I'd simply stamped the sentiment onto the card front once the moon was attached to the black background, since the 2 levels of cardstock would have created an uninked part where they met.)

I opted to stamp the adorable bat from the Fangtastic stamp set onto black card and heat emboss it rather than colour it.  My other bats were die cut using the previously released SugarCuts - Autumn Icons die set.






All new products will be available for purchase from this Friday, August 26th at 6PM EST in the SPD Store.

If you'd like to WIN the Fangtastic stamp set, all you need to do is hop on over to the SugarPea Designs blog and answer the daily question.  You have all week to comment, and winners during our August Product Release will be announced on Sunday, August 28th.

Our team has some amazing creative inspiration for you using the products featured today. You can visit each of our designers blogs below for details on their projects. And while you're there be sure to leave a sweet comment for them, giving you an extra entry to win today's giveaway prize.


Thanks for stopping by today! See you tomorrow for our last day of sneak peeks!

Hugs,

15 comments:

  1. Your card is just fantastic. Love the stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh WOW that's a cool card! LOVE the white embossing and glow around the moon. LOVE this set!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun...love that adorable bat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the CUTEST! I love the little bat and the sentiment is adorable!

    ReplyDelete

  5. Love shading of the glow around the moon is
    fang-tastic.
    Love this card.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the moon and bats! Great Halloween card with a fabulous night sky effect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is super cute! I love your spooky moon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab, loving the colour contrast of this one xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this card Simonne, so completely oozes the essence of Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely awesome card! I love the moon (and the bat too). Don't you love the Misti?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG he is so adorable, I really wish we had these stamps in my country. And the card is gorgeous :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my!!!! Such a Fang-Tastic card!!! This new stamp set is too cute!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable! You incorporated autumn icons, one if my favorite cuts!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a fun card :) I love the full moon as the centerpiece and then the bats hanging around it. Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card! Love all that black ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x