Monday, 11 January 2016

SugarPea Designs January Release Day 1: Caffeine Addict


Happy Monday everyone!  I apologise for neglecting my blog for the past couple of months, but as most of you know, our daughter has been in hospital and had to undergo 2 emergency operations, both under general anaesthetic.  After lots of complications, she is now home.  We still have a far way to go, and even if her healing goes perfectly, she won't be back at school for at least another 3 or 4 weeks, but it is such a relief not to be in the hospital anymore.

Today is the first day of the SugarPea Designs January 2016 release sweet peeks!!


We hope you’ll join us over the next 5 days as myself and the rest of the SugarPea Designers share Sweet Peeks for the 12 NEW products that will be available for purchase starting this Friday, January 15th at 6PM EST in the SPD Store.

We promise that each day will be full of inspiration, and as always, you’ll have a shot at winning one of our FIVE GIVEAWAYS! All you need to do is leave a comment on the appropriate blog post on the SPD blog for your chance to win!

And because we LOVE giveaways, be sure to WATCH and FOLLOW us on Periscope. Our newest DT member, Dana, will be LIVE TODAY, so watch for your chance to WIN a $20 Gift Certificate.


Today, we are showcasing FOUR new products with you that are part of our Sweet Chic Collection illustrated by ... ME, hehe!







For my card, I used elements from both stamp sets and both die sets.  I started off by making the background for my card using the largest die from the previously released SugarCuts - Zig Zag Stitched Rectangles die set. I stamped the 2 different sized coffee rings from the Caffeine Addict 4x8" stamp set in Memento Rich Cocoa ink, but used the second-generation stamping technique to achieve a stained effect.  I then cut out the coffee-to-go cup elements using the SugarCuts - Coffee To Go Cup die set, stamped the "caffeine addict" and the "straw" from the Caffeine Addict 4x8" stamp set in Memento Cottage Ivy ink, assembled it and fixed it over the coffee stains. I cut out the smallest coffee bean and the "latte" sentiment using the SugarCuts - Coffee Words die set from brown card (even though it looks black here, haha!) and added them.  Finally, a couple of sentiment and bean stamps from the Espresso Yourself 4x4" stamp set and it was done!

Would you like to win the Caffeine Addict stamp set? All you need to do is leave a comment on today's post over on the SPD blog telling us about your favourite “warm” beverage! It’s THAT easy!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Hugs,

37 comments:

  1. Great card. Thanks for sharing. Love the stitching and the coffee stain. What a great set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great design so perfect for all the coffee lovers out there just makes you crave a mug!!!!!!! Love Chanelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. My fav card so far.. it look PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great design. glad your daughter is better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I would love acard like this on my birthday!
    Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet card! LOVE the use of SB green on the logo!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous card!! I love the topper. So glad to hear your daughter is home and I hope her recovery goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. First, sending prayers and hugs in two batches: the first for your daughter, who I pray is on the road to a speedy, full recovery; second, to you, for extra strength to help her through the challenges to come. I'm glad you had an opportunity to craft (the best therapy there is, in my view), because your card is fabulous: crisp, clean and eye-catching! I'm a full-fledged Coffee Addict, but if I weren't, seeing your fabulous showcase of these new coffee-themed images and dies would transform me into one! Please: be sure you're taking care of yourself, too!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sorry to hear that your daughter is ill. Prayers that she has a speedy recovery. I really like your card. It's clean and neat. Like the color combo you used too. This is a great set. Thanks for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful card! Perfectly cloned SB ;)

    Thoughts and prayers for you and your daughter....may the healing be swift ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card! Love today's release with these fun stamps and dies!
    Good thoughts for your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yep, I agree with Lisa - da bomb is right!! Love the whole Starbucks feel :) xoxoxoxxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a lovely card! Hugs to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a lovely card! Hugs to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute card. I love that rectangle zigzag used for the card.

    Sue
    rolfe974@prodigy.net

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your card is striking! The travel cup looks so authentic! Thanks for sharing it with us. More importantly, it's SO wonderful that your daughter is home. I don't know you, but I know how that feels. As a mom and grandmom, my heart goes out to you. Best wishes for her speedy recovery. JJ

    ReplyDelete
  17. I adore your card!!! Can't wait to visit more of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card. So happy your daughter is home, sending prayers to heal quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Glad to hear your daughter is home and doing better!

    Great design on your card, it really pops!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this fabulous card! So glad your daughter is getting better :-) Best wishes to you all :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your fabulous card...so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  22. OH my goodness... You coffee almost looks to real!! It looks so yummy!!! Great card!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh wow! My favourite "warm" beverage are Hot Choicolated and Scented Dark Tea! This card is amazing and these stamp and dies sets are beautiful!!!!!! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love your gorgeous card! The color combination is perfect!
    Take care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fabulous with all the white space. Love the coffee rings!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. This stamp set so fits me! It will be a great set to use!

    ReplyDelete
  27. what a great coffee card :) I need this stamp

    ReplyDelete
  28. My prayers to your daughter to get back on the road to recovery.
    Your card is fabulous. I love the background color.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Such great designs & a perfect card! Sending good thoughts your daughter's way!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love the frapp on this card. Love the layout.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x