Wednesday, 15 July 2015

TAWS: Galaga Love!


Supplies
TAWS: Old School stamp set
Memento ink: Tuxedo Black, Dandelion
Versamark ink
Copic markers: B24 R27 Y08
Bazzill cardstock: Blackberry Swirl

Hi everyone ... I'm BAAAAAACK!!!  Thank you so much for all your emails and messages of concern.  For those of you who don't know, our daughter underwent an emergency appendectomy at the end of May and unfortunately there were a few complications in her recovery, hence my long absence.  However, I'm so glad to report that she is so much better now and back to school, which is a huge relief!

Today I have a card to share using one of the amazing stamps from the July TAWS release - Old School.  This is such a fantastic stamp set with so many possibilities for all the game nerds in your life!  I followed the fab sketch over at CAS(E) this Sketch #131 for my layout and tried to create the old school 1980s Galaga game, hehe!  I really wanted to create this card using coloured embossing powders onto black card, but as I didn't have the correct colours to hand, I had to settle for stamping and colouring.



Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Hugs,

7 comments:

  1. I missed your cards in the CTS gallery! Good to see you again!
    Glad your daughter is doing better!.
    Perfect card for a gamer... great take on the sketch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad your daughter is doing better! Love this card...it's so fun!

      Delete
  2. Such a clever card! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card....so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did I miss this stamp set ... and your adorable card ... absolutely fabulous design.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is soooo cute, Semsee!!!!! I LOVE it!!! I keep on going back to have another look!!!! What a great and clever take on the sketch!!!! Congrats on having a Favorite over at CTS!!!!
    So sorry to hear about you daughter, but glad she's OK now!!!
    So nice to have you back!!!
    Have a great week!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! Best card ever! I remember playing this at the milk bar back in the 80s! I must show my husband and siblings your card, they'll get a kick out of it too! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x