Saturday, 2 May 2015

TAWS: Get Whale Soon


Supplies
The Alley Way Stamps: Little Fellas
The Alley Way Stamps: Gill Friend
Bazzill Coconut Swirl cardstock
Memento Tuxedo Black ink
Versafine Onyx Black ink
Distress ink pads: Broken China, Shabby Shutters
SugarPea Designs: Gift Tag die
Versamark ink
Clear embossing powder

Happy Saturday! Today I have a tag to share using a couple of stamp sets from the *new* May TAWS release!

I followed the current challenge at Tag You're It! #20, which is this beautiful tag by Jen Mitchell.  As you can see, I pretty much CASEd everything:


I die-cut my tag from Coconut Swirl cardstock using my SPD gift tag die.  Then I stamped the 3 different aquatic plant images from Little Fellas and Gill Friend in Versamark ink and heat embossed them with clear embossing powder.  I used Broken China and Shabby Shutters distress ink pads and my mini blending tools to ink the tag.  The embossing resisted the ink, but I still rubbed the embossed part with a dry paper towel once I'd inked the tag, to ensure there was no ink remaining.  I then splattered the tag with some water. Once that was dry, I stamped the "Get Whale Soon" sentiment from Little Fellas in Memento Tuxedo Black ink in the right corner.  I used Versafine Onyx Black ink to stamp the cute orca as this ink gives great coverage for solid image stamps, then I fussy cut it out and popped it onto the tag using foam pads for dimension.


Gill Friend is FREE when you spend $40.00 or more (after shipping) at The Alley Way Stamps store during the month of May 2015.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Hugs,

8 comments:

  1. Simonne your tag is just as lovely as can be, I love your interpretation! Thank you for sharing at Tag You're It!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous background on your tag Simonne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome tag! Love your background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable...just too darn cute. Love your sweet little whale wishing get well wishes, you have sold me on this set!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tag is adorable, Simonne! Just joining in the fan club for your bg (which is perfection!) Thanks for joining us at TYI!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this is so, so cute love, love it. Thanks for joining us over at tag you're it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute! Love that little orka... I think you are going to get me hooked on something new here!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simonne, your tag is wonderful! I love the black whale instead of sentiment. My congratulations on being selected TYIC Favorite!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x