Wednesday, 13 May 2015

SPD May Release Day 3: Books, Books, Books!

Hi everyone and welcome to Day 3 of the SugarPea Designs May Release!

Today, we are sneak peeking the stamp set I designed for this release called Read Between The Lines, together with the second of 4 of my new die designs, SugarCuts - Brainy Bookmarks.  Some of the DT are also sneak peeking another new stamp set included in our May released called I Like Big Books (FYI not designed by me!).

I created 4 projects for today's hop!  Yes, a little overboard, but they were so quick and easy to make, that once I started I found it hard to stop, lol!

The first card is a one-layer card using stamps from Read Between The Lines and the teeny, tiny glasses die from SugarCuts - Brainy Bookmarks, which I cut from silver mirror card. I used my MISTI to help me with the perfect placement of the stamps:


Supplies
SugarPea Designs: Read Between The Lines
SugarPea Designs: SugarCuts - Brainy Bookmarks
Memento ink: Bahama Blue, Bamboo Leaves, Potter's Clay, Grey Flannel, Rich Cocoa, Tuxedo Black
Bazzill cardstock: Coconut Swirl
Silver mirror cardstock

Doodlebug Sprinkles: Limeade

For my second card, I literally just stamped the eye-chart sentiment from Read Between The Lines in Memento Tuxedo Black and added some orange glasses cut using the large glasses die from SugarCuts - Brainy Bookmarks.


Supplies
SugarPea Designs: Read Between The Lines
SugarPea Designs: SugarCuts - Brainy Bookmarks
Memento ink: Tuxedo Black
Bazzill cardstock: Tangelo Blast
MFT Stamps Die-namics: Blueprints 13

My third card uses the READ die from SugarCuts - Brainy Bookmarks.  I cut it out 6 times using various colours of cardstock and then glued each one onto a 105x148mm Bazzill Flintstone cardstock base.  This has a pocket inside to add a book token:


Supplies
SugarPea Designs: SugarCuts - Brainy Bookmarks
Bazzill cardstock: Watermelon Sensation, Tangelo Blast, Grapefruit Bliss, Lime Crush, Caribbean Breeze, Grape Delight, Flintstone

My last project uses the large bookmark die from SugarCuts - Brainy Bookmarks and stamps from Read Between The Lines:


Supplies
SugarPea Designs: Read Between The Lines
SugarPea Designs: SugarCuts - Brainy Bookmarks
Memento ink: Love Letter, Rich Cocoa, Toffee Crunch
Versafine ink: Onyx Black
Stampin' Up ink: Tempting Turquoise
Bazzill cardstock: Coconut Swirl, Kraft
Stampin' Up cardstock: Tempting Turquoise



Remember our entire May Product Release will be available for purchase in the SugarPea Designs Store on Friday, May 15th at 6:00PM EST!


We would love to hear your thoughts on the products introduced today! Please leave a comment on this post and the rest of the talented SugarPea Designers shown below and you could WIN! We will chose one lucky person to WIN the I Like Big Books stamp set (shown above) from the comments left here and on the DT blogs! All winners during our May Product Release will be announced on Monday, May 18th.


Thanks so much for stopping by today! See you tomorrow for more sneak peeks!

Hugs,

19 comments:

  1. WOW Simone! What awesome use of these stamps. All of your cards and your bookmark are FANTASTIC! LOVE THIS SET!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW you have been busy! Love the look of all of these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh My GOODNESS!! I love all your projects, I especially love the sentiment on the first one!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards and bookmark. I love the black background with read on the front.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WHOA Nellie. Oh my gosh Simonne. Absolutely brilliant each and every one. I love the rainbow READ.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cards and bookmark. I love the black background with read on the front.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I love ALL your cards today! They are so bright and colorful. Love the design and the ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow you were busy with these sets! Fabulous job on all of them. Love all the versatility that you showed ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. FABULOUS art!!! Definitely makes me want to start inking up these stamps!!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMGosh so fabulous the way you lined all those books up just the way you wanted. LOVE these. Now I'm so going to have to buy them. Fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a great collection of samples for this must have stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome projects! I love how CAS they all are, really making the designs pop!

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow, you've been busy! My favorite was the rainbow read card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. all your cards are amazing and so beautiful, I can't choose one like my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow...so many fabulous cards. I love your first card with all those books and that wee pair of glasses, so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow!! I love them all. Each is so CAS, and yet just perfect! Love the first with that awesome (and oh, so true, sentiment) and the adorable little glasses on the shelf.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I knew I loved these but seeing your amazing cards/bookmarks made me know I could never pass them up. You used stamps that I hadn't even seen at first glance! Awesome projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Don't make me choose my fave, 'cause I can't and I won't. Fab creations.

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow you totally blew me away today with your cards!!! gorgeous and so creative!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x