Wednesday, 15 April 2015

TAWS: I wanna hold your hand!


Supplies
The Alley Way Stamps: Feeling Groovy stamp set
The Alley Wat Stamps: Far Out mini stamp set
Memento ink: Tuxedo Black, London Fog
Copic markers
Doodlebug Sprinkles: Swimming Pool, Ladybug
Studio Calico Mister Huey's Mask - Circle Graph (ref 331062)

Happy Wednesday everyone! Today I have a card to share today using the awesome Feeling Groovy and Far Out stamp sets from The Alley Way Stamps April release.

Feeling Groovy is a 4x6" stamp set jam packed with stamps, including the very "cool dude" stamp I used today, plus an awesome VW-style camper van (I already made a card using the van stamp here).  Far Out is this month's mini (3x4") set that you receive FREE when you spend $40 or more (before shipping) at the TAWS store, and includes the girl stamp and some awesome accessory stamps that I used on today's (pattern on her dress, glasses for the guy)  The sentiment also comes from the freebie set.

I used a brand-new-to-me stencil by Studio Calico called Mister Huey's Mask - Circle Graph. I saw the amazingly talented Francine use it on a few of her cards recently, and I knew that I just had to have it! I placed the stencil directly onto the front of my 105x148mm card base and inked it with Memento London Fog using my mini ink blending tool. The groovy girl and cool dude were fussy cut out and popped up with 3D foam pads, and the sentiment simply stamped beneath them. A few Doodlebug Sprinkles, and it was done!


I was totally inspired to create this card by the amazing sketch over at CAS(E) this Sketch #118.  I also followed the gorgeous colour combo at The Challenge #30.  Finally, I would like to enter this into this week's new Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge which is Make Your Own Background.


Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Hugs,

11 comments:

  1. Sem this is fantastic!!! So groovy indeed! Thanks for playing cards with us at The Challenge!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is fantastic! Super fun take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cool! Love your colouring, Simonne!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WONDERFUL !!! and so GROOVY that you joined us in the challenge!!!! Yay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card cracks me up! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! Such a fun set! Your coloring is amazing! XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And----the BEAT GOES ON!!!!!!! Groovy! XXX

      Delete
  7. Too cute! I love your coloring - it's amazing. Thanks for playing with over at The Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is too fun! Love how you colored the images. Thanks for joining us at The Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your card...so fabulous and fun. It reminds me of my trip to San Francisco today. We were on Haight St and you still see many people dressed just like on your amazing card, so fun. Thank you so much for playing along with us at The Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card Sem! The images are super cute and I love your background.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x