Saturday, 4 April 2015

TAWS: Hello Beautiful


Supplies
The Alley Way Stamps: Say it don't Spray it stamp set
Bazzill cardstock: Blackberry Swirl
Versamark ink
WOW! Embossing Powder: Metallic Gold Rich Pale Super Fine (WC01SF)
WPlus9 Hand Lettered Hello die (WP9D-084)
Neat & Tangled: Gold Metallic sequins
DoCrafts Artiste Acrylic paint: Metallic Antique Gold

Hi everyone! I have a card to share today using the TAWS Say it Don't Spray it stamp set from our April release. I love that this stamp set has a little set of floral stamps, as well as the awesome sentiments!

I started by stamping the 2 rose stamps and 4 of the foliage stamps in a random pattern around the left and bottom edges of a 105x148mm piece of Blackberry Swirl cardstock using Versamark ink. Then I heat embossed the design using WOW! Gold Rich Pale embossing powder.  I didn't have any glittered or foiled card that matched the tone of the gold EP, so I decided to use the same EP and heat emboss the "hello" word die cut! I simply cut the word from a scrap of Blackberry Swirl cardstock, then left the die-cut in the waste and taped it on the back with some washi tape to keep it in place. I pressed my large Versamark ink pad over the entire die cut several times to get a good coverage of ink, sprinkled it with gold EP, then heat embossed it while it was still in the waste part. I then took the tape off the reverse, and lifted out the word - a perfectly matching die cut!

The "Beautiful" stamp is from the same stamp set.  Instead of cutting this stamp up, I simply masked off the parts I didn't want to ink using some washi tape, inked the stamp using Versamark ink, and then removed the washi tape before stamping. I didn't have any liquid pearls or gold spray that matched my gold EP and sequins, so I used some gold paint I have, which was the perfect match! I simply dotted it on using a cocktail stick!


I would like to enter this card into the new Less is More challenge #218 which is Predominantly Black.  I would also like to enter it into the new Little Tangles Challenge #55: Sequins (I used Neat & Tangled Gold Metallic Sequins bought from Make The Day Special!) and WPlus9 Throwback Thursday Challenge #2 (I used my WPlus9 Hand Lettered Hello die).

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  Hope you have a great weekend!

Hugs,

10 comments:

  1. Stunning. I wish I'd thought of black and gold x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The gold embossing looks fab against the black - lovely card.

    Sharon
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sem what a clever idea, black and gold is so striking, so stylish!
    Thanks for joining us at Less is More this week
    Anne
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous I love that opulent gold!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  5. WoW! Love that gold ... now why didn't I think of that.
    Totally chic and classy and love the layout.
    Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty and elegant card! Love all of the gorgeous gold embossing against the black background!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is simply gorgeous. I was lucky enough to win this set and can not wait to play with it. Thank you for the incredible inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Black and gold...how opulant is this?
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely love the gold on black!! Thanks so much for joining us over at the Little Tangles challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Inspired colour combination. Your card is very elegant.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x