Saturday, 11 April 2015

TAWS: Greetings Earthling


Supplies
The Alley Way Stamps: Phone Home
The Alley Way Stamps: Blast Off
Bazzill cardstock: Coconut Swirl, Blackberry Swirl, Tangelo Blast, 

Banana Bliss, Tropical Breeze, Watermelon Sensation
Stampin' Up cardstock (retired colours)
MFT Die-namics: Blueprints 13, Blueprints 20
Memento Tuxedo Black ink
6mm Silver Star Sequins

Happy Saturday everyone! I have a new TAWS card to share today using Phone Home and Blast Off from our April release.

I wanted to make a one layer card, so I inlaid all the die-cuts into one layer. First, I took a piece of Coconut Swirl cardstock and cut out the main stitched panel using the large stitched rectangular die from Blueprints 13.  I took the window die from Blueprints 20, taped it to the centre of my main, white panel and cut it out, so it left a rectangular hole ready to inlay my die-cuts.  I then ran the same die through my Cuttlebug a second time using Blackberry Swirl cardstock to create the black window.  I used the plain, stitched square die from the same die set to cut out 6 squares from coloured card.  I stamped the coloured squares with various ailen stamps from Blast Off and Phone Home, then I inlaid the black window die-cut and coloured squares into the rectangular hole so that everything was flat.  To finish, I stamped a sentiment from Phone Home and added 2 silver star sequins.


I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
- Scrap & Craft Inspiration #6: Frame it
- Addicted to Stamps #139: Clean & Simple
- Everybody Art Challenge #319: Sequins
- Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: A is for (my "A" is for ALIENS, tee hee!)

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Hugs,

9 comments:

  1. such a fun card and the colours work so well. Thanks for joining ATSM

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable card! Love the inchies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card Semsee ... it's right up my street or alley!!!
    Fun, funky and super colourful.
    Thanks for sharing and playing along at ATSM challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. What FUN! Thanks so much for playing along with us at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cool this is Sem!! I love it and so happy to see your card with us over at ATSM!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun! I love the little faces peeking out. Adorable! Thank you for joining us this week for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous, colourful card
    Thank you for joining us at Everybody Art Challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  8. l love your card...your sweet little aliens are so darn cute. I love them so much I had to order a set of my very own. This is one fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x