Saturday, 18 April 2015

TAWS: Birthday Balloons


Supplies
The Alley Way Stamps: Phone Home stamp set (alien)
The Alley Way Stamps: Yappy stamp set (sentiment)
WOW! Embossing Powder: Metallic Gold Rich Sparkle (WS07R), Bright White (WL01SF)
Whimsy Stamps Party Time die set
Whimsy Stamps Basic Backgrounds & Borders 2 stamp set
Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
Versamark Ink
Copic Markers: W7 W5 W3 W1
6mm satin gold sequins
Hemptique: Black Hemp Cord
Bazzill cardstock: Coconut Swirl, Blackberry Swirl, Date Swirl
American Crafts: POW Gold Glitter Paper

Happy Saturday everyone!  Today I have a cute birthday card to share using a couple of fabulous The Alley Way Stamps sets. 

First, I stamped a striped border down the left side of a 105x148mm piece of Coconut Swirl cardstock with Versamark Ink, then heat embossed it with some WOW! Metallic Gold Rich Sparkle embossing powder.  I die cut 6 balloons from black, grey and white Bazzill cardstock and some AC gold glitter paper using the largest balloon die from my Whimsy Stamps Party Time die set.  I added them to the card front using glue and 3D foam pads. I then added some black Hemptique cord for the balloon strings.  I stamped one of the cute aliens from TAWS Phone Home, coloured him with Copics, fussy cut him out, and popped him up with foam pads.  The sentiment is from TAWS Yappy. I heat embossed it with WOW! EP onto a banner of Blackberry Swirl cardstock, then added it to the card front using foam pads.  Finally 3 satin gold sequins to finish!


Sorry that the photo is not the best! I usually photograph in the windowsill of our dining room, but as it's very sunny at the moment, it's making it difficult to take good photographs (not that I'm complaining about the sun, lol!).

I made this card for a number of challenges.  I followed the sketch at CAS(E) this Sketch #119, the theme at Less Is More #220 (which is Up, Up and Away), the colour combo at ColourQ #287 (which is grey, black, white and one spot colour  - my spot colour is gold), and CAS on Sunday #56 (which is Gold).

   

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you have a fabulous weekend!

Hugs,

16 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh this is so fun Sem!! Gorgeous sparkle and colors!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card...
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is super Simonne, it's redolent of Sarah's card... simply fab!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute and fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! It looks like a little bat to me and I just love it! - xoxo Steph

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply cute, fun and totally fabulous Semsee.
    Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great layout. Love the colors you chose for this darling card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just too darn cute! I love your sweet little alien hanging on to your fabulous balloon bouquet! Thank you so much for playing along with us at ColourQ, hope to see you again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this is just fabulous! Love the gold and black and such wonderful colouring! Thanks for playing along at Colour Q!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cute SemSee! I laughed seeing this cute little critter with his balloons!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sem what a cute critter with all those lovely balloons!
    Thank you for joining us at Less is More
    Anne
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I knew this card was a winner! I just cannot get enough of this cute little critter, he makes me laugh every time I see him! :) : ) :) I wanted to stop back and wish you congrats on your CTS Honorable Mention SemSee! You so very much deserve it!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x