Wednesday, 22 April 2015

Color Throwdown #339: TAWS We Burn Bright Together


Supplies
TAWS Lighter than Air stamp set
Memento ink: Tuxedo Black, Dandelion
Copics: Y17 Y15 Y13 Y11 Y000; C7 C5 C3 C0
Doodlebug Sprinkles: bumblebee
Ranger Enamel Accents: Black
Clearly Besotted Stamps: Diagonal Stripes
Versafine ink: Onyx Black

Hi everyone! I was extremely lucky to be chosen as the Featured Stamper of Color Throwdown #337, which meant I was invited to join the CT team as their Guest Star Stamper for today's new challenge - yay!   The colours for this week are yellow, white and black.


As soon as I saw the colour combo, I knew I wanted to ink up the cute lightbulb stamp from my The Alley Way Stamps: Lighter Than Air stamp set. I stamped the lightbulb 3 times in Memento Tuxedo Black ink into onto a 105x148mm piece of card I used for Copic colouring, drew in some hanging strings, and then coloured them with Copic markers.

The sentiment comes from the same Lighter Than Air stamp set too, but I only inked the top portion for the front of my card, so that I could stamp the last line of the sentiment inside:



I followed CAS(E) this Sketch #119 for my layout again, but this time I used it upside down:

  

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you will join us this week at Color Throwdown.

Hugs,

11 comments:

  1. Wow, this is such an awesome card and I really love the way you flipped that sketch! LOVE, love, love your fun design! Congrats on being our guest star stamper and really hope to see your creations again in the throwdown gallery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card and your colouring are incredible, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOOOOOOOOW! I love this SemSee! You are so talented, this is just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your little light bulbs are just tooo cute, Simonne, and what fabulous coloring!!! Congrats on being the Guest Star Stamper this week...it's wonderful to have your adorable card in our lineup!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love how you rotated the sketch! Fabulous & super fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just so sweet...love those beautiful yellows!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is so awesome! Glad I came across your blog from Color Throwdown! Your work is very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun card! Lovely clean and fresh look.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that you flipped the sketch to accommodate those light bulbs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun, cheery design! Love the pop of the yellow light bulbs against the white background. Thanks for joining us as our guest star stamper this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cool card Simonne. Love the bulbs and the coloring. The flipped sketch looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x