Wednesday, 11 March 2015

TAWS: (an early) Happy Easter!


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


Supplies
The Alley Way Stamps: Hard Boiled
The Alley Way Stamps: Yappy
Memento ink: London Fog
Copic markers: Y15 Y13 Y11 R81
Avery Elle pigment ink: Orchid
Avery Elle 6x6 paper pad: The Sorbet Collection
Doodlebug sequins: Swimming Pool
Pink & white twine
Bazzill cardstock: Coconut Swirl
MFT die-namics: LLD Little Letters

I don't have many ink pads.  Of course, I would like to own every one on the market, haha, but money and space won't allow!  At the moment, I have a full set of memento dew drop dye inks, a decent number of Tim Holtz mini distress ink pads, and some versamagic dew drop pigment ink pads from quite a few years ago (which are a bit dry now, understandably!).  Recently I wanted to try some of the new pigment ink pads that are new to the market, so I have been buying one now and again just to try different brands.  I don't have a pretty, pastel pink, and I wanted to try out the Avery Elle inks, so when I last placed an order at Make The Day Special, I decided to add the Orchid ink pad to my basket.  It's a beautiful colour, and as its name suggests, its a pink that is colder (i.e. not a "red" pink).  If you have Copic markers, then it's very similar to the R80s tone of colours rather than the R20s.  I'd seen some ombre inking of die-cut letters on a blog recently (sorry, I can't remember which one), and decided to have a go with this card.  I simply used my mini blending tool to add some ink to a scrap piece of card, and then die-cut the letters!  Easy!  Oh, and the ink is lovely (although I haven't tried stamping with it yet!).  The cute chicks are from Hard Boiled (love this set - so many possibilites!) and the "happy" is from Yappy.  I only have metallic and neutral liquid pearls, and I don't have any spray/liquid inks, so instead I used my R81 Copic marker to add some pink "drips" of colour around the sequins.  Sorry for the pants photo - I adore pastel cards but don't make them very often as I find them near impossible to photograph well, lol!


I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

- Moo Mania & More: Poultry
- Animal Friends Challenge #24: Easter

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Hugs,

16 comments:

  1. Love how you did the Easter.
    cute card
    thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice card, thanks for joining us at Moo Mania and More, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. A sweet card for Easter with such soft colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fab and sweet card!
    So happy you are with us at Moo Mania & More Challenge!
    Happy rest of the week to you!
    xxx
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning sweetie, I am so loving the colours you have chosen for this gorgeous creation :0) Hugs Pops x

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's such a pleasure to come here and scroll through your fantastic creations, Sem! You really rock the hops and releases and I want to buy EVERYTHING!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. A wonderful Eastercard

    Thank you for joining us at MOO-MANIA & MORE

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awwww so sweet! Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eine sehr schöne Osterkarte. Danke für die Teilnahme bei den Animal Friends.
    LG Dreja

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a soft and sweet card! You've used several "now" techniques too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a gorgeous card.
    Thanks for joining us at the Animal Friends.
    Hugs
    Kuni

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh.. your card is so sweet

    Thank you for joining the Animal Friends

    x Sternenglanz

    ReplyDelete
  13. Da hast Du ein ganz bezauberndes Werk kreiert
    Hab ganz lieben Dank für die Teilnahme bei Animal Friends
    Liebe Grüße
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x