Thursday, 12 March 2015

SPD March Release Day 4: Going Places & America the Beautiful

Hi everyone and welcome to Day 4 of the SugarPea Designs March Release!  I hope you are enjoying the new products and sneak peeks!

Today, we are sneak peeking an adorable new Going Places stamp set. together with the third of 4 dies I designed for this release - America the Beautiful.

For my first card, I used the die as the focal point and added a sentiment from the stamp set:


Supplies
SugarPea Designs: America the Beautiful die
SugarPea Designs: Going Places stamp set
SugarPea Designs: Heart Journal Card die set
Bazzill cardstock: Cherry Splash, Coconut Swirl, Blackberry Swirl
Lawn Fawn 6x6 paper pack: Beachside (navy stars)
Echo Park 6x6 paper pad: Dots & Stripes Homefront (red striped)

When I was designing the America the Beautiful die, I really wanted it to be able to cut out an outline of each of the states of the US rather than just an outline of the US as a whole, so that you can paper piece the states individually!  As I'm British and don't have an affliation to any particular US state, I decided to paper piece all the states so that they resembled the American flag for this card, but I think that this die would look fabulous if you paper pieced all the states in one colour and then your own state in another colour to stand out!  The die fits a 3x4" journalling card perfectly, so if you were documenting a trip to several states, you could highlight those by cutting them out in different colours and paper piecing them back into the outline die, but leave the rest of the states blank!  I want to go on holiday to the US now so I can do this, lol!

It was a little fiddly and time consuming to paper piece the individual states (mostly because of lining up the striped paper!), but with the help of my Quickstik tool, it only took about 5-10 minutes.  I die-cut the image from black card first, and discarded all of the internal states so I had just the black outline.  I then glued this to my card front.  I took some red & white striped paper and ran this through my Cuttlebug using the die.  I left the paper pieces in the die cut and then set about gluing them into their corresponding holes one by one by adding glue to each hole and using my Quickstik tool to pick up each die-cut state from the die.  I then did the same using some navy star patterned paper.

The sentiment is from the adorable Going Places stamp set, and my 3 hearts were die-cut using the previously released Heart Journal Card die set.

For my second card, I used the America the Beautiful die as an outline, plus 2 images and 2 sentiments from Going Places. The black and white striped strip on the left hand side of the card was stamped using the Sweet Incentive stamp set for Jan/Feb - Build-a-background.  This stamp set will be available to purchase from the SPD store on Friday! The slightly larger heart (pinpointing Dallas, Texas!) was die cut using the smallest heart from the Heart Journal Card die set, and the teeny tiny red heart adorning the heat embossed sentiment strip was cut using a die we will be showcasing on Friday.


Supplies
SugarPea Designs: America the Beautiful die
SugarPea Designs: Going Places stamp set
SugarPea Designs: Heart Journal Card die set

SugarPea Designs:  Build-A-Background stamp set (Jan 2015 Sweet Incentive)
Bazzill cardstock: Cherry Splash, Coconut Swirl, Blackberry Swirl
Memento ink: Tuxedo Black
Versamark ink
WOW! Embossing Powder
Copic markers






Remember our entire March Product Release will be available for purchase in the SugarPea Designs Store on Friday, March 13th at 6:00 PM EST!

We would love to hear your thoughts on the products introduced today! Please leave a comment on this post and on each of the talented SugarPea Designers shown below and you could WIN! We will chose one lucky person to WIN the Going Places stamp set from the comments left here and on the DT Blogs! All winners during our March Product Release will be announced on Sunday, March 15th.


Thanks so much for stopping by today! See you tomorrow for our final day of sneak peeks and our release hop!

Hugs,

26 comments:

  1. Oh wow, what awesome cards! Love how you die cut the stars and stripes on the first card especially!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes, these cards are both fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice cards! I love how you off set the die cut on white paper and used individual pieces. Second card was fab too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy Moly! I absolutely love what you did with these! Love the stars and stripes, and LOVE the design of the other card, and your coloring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards. I really like the paper piecing on the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. super patriotic card, is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness...not only is that stamp set so adorable, that die is so perfect, I've been looking for something like this for a long time, but nothing ever seemed right. I'm definitely picking up this die! Love your cards too, that little girl just speaks to my inner traveler!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your first card- my mom's bday is the 4th of July and this set is perfect for it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh these are so cute, love the flag states, very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great cards. I love the flag card -- what a great 4th of July idea, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a fabulous die...love the way you can customize it. Great cards.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Deep in the heart of Texas... too cute! : )

    ReplyDelete
  13. The cards are so cute and I love the new die and stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The die is great. There will be lots of ways to use it.
    the coloring of the little girl is wonderful.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These cards are so fabulous!! I LOVE this new die and am so glad you made it so the individual states are cut out. It gives so many options, specially for highlighting your own state and maybe the state of someone that has moved away or lives far away. Your coloring on the second card is GORGEOUS and I love the layout of that card, too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh she's the CUTEST travel girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous cards! LOVE them both ♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my...what a fabulous pair of cards. Love that new die...just so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome cards. Totally love the stamp set and the America die. So many places to visit, so little time. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  20. Amazing cards, I really love the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Really cool cards, cute image too. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful cards, especially the flag/map card. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow! This is incredible! I love both cards, but the first card is a homerun. The US flag depicted in the states - AMAZING! Thank you for sharing how you did it.

    ReplyDelete
  24. The United States die is a MUST have for me!!! Love your cards for this days hop! Sweeeeet!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x