Wednesday, 18 February 2015

TAWS: Tootharina


Supplies
The Alley Way Stamps: Tootharina stamp set
Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pads: Chipped Sapphire, Picked Raspberry
Ranger Mini Ink Blending Tool

Ranger Mini Ink Blending Foam
Memory Box Stencil: Starry Nights (88537)
Imagination Crafts Sparkle Medium: Diamond (SM003)
Memento Ink: Tuxedo Black
Copic Markers: 

Skirt: RV69 RV09 RV04 RV63, BG78 BG49 BG13 BG11, 
BV29 BV17 BV13 BV11 BV01.
Hair: BV29 BV17 BV13 BV11 
Skin: E13 E11 E00 E000 (blush E02 R20 R30)
Wings: RV63 RV61 BG01 BG11
Wand: BV17 BV13 BV13 BV11

I took a 105x148mm piece of white card and stamped the fairy and the wand from Tootharina in Memento Tuxedo Black ink in the centre.  (I stamped her there just for placement purposes so that I could see where I needed to ink the background). I then set to work inking the background using Chipped Sapphire and Picked Raspberry distress ink pads and my Ranger Mini Ink Blending Tool.  Once the ink was dry, I used my Memory Box Starry Nights stencil and some sparkle medium (which is like a glittery clear embossing paste) to create the raised, glittery stars.  Then it was just the case of stamping the fairy and the wand onto my Copic colouring paper, colouring them with my Copic markers (colours listed above), fussy cutting them out, and then fixing them over the stamped images on the inked background.  Finally, I added some loose fine glitter to her wings and the star of her wand.


I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

- Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Add Texture
- Loves Rubber Stamps Challenge #139: Let It Sparkle
- Corrosive Challenge #218: Things With Wings
- Frosted Designs Challenge: 2 "messy" things (I have used distress inks and sparkle paste)
- Southern Girls Challenge 104: Winged Things

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Hugs,

12 comments:

  1. Oh, how delightful! I love this! The colors and glitter are wonderful. You did a fine job coloring this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun, how you created your backround. It draws the eye directly to your image. Just great. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous!! Love the sparkle and colours. Glad you have joined our Loves Rubberstamps challenge this week, please come back soon,
    Hugs Blankina.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is so cute and I love the bright colours you've used with the sparkly stars, just gorgeous. Thanks for joining in the Frosted Designs challenge, good luck, Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my...talk about a beautiful card....this is it! Love all your coloring, it is so perfect and really makes your sweet tooth fairy sparkle and shine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The minute I saw your card I fell in love with it....bright colors and shiny stars, just perfect! Thanks for joining us this week at Loves Rubberstamps.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card. Love all the sparkly stars and that image is beautiful. Love the colours and colouring. Thanks for playing along at Loves Rubberstamps.

    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh she is so adorable, I love the sparkly stars you used with her. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So vibrant! I love it! Thanks for playing along with Frosted Designs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Sem!! The image is adorable and so beautifully coloured.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful! I love the colors and stars! Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great job you did with coloring this cute little faerie. LOVE the sparkley stars. Thank you for joining us at Frosted Designs. Tommy Jo DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x