Saturday, 21 February 2015

TAWS: Night Owl

Happy Saturday everyone! The TAWS DT are busy making samples for our March release sneak peeks ... that start on Wednesday! Eek! So exciting - I know you are going to LOVE this new release, but in the meantime, I have one last card from our February release to share using the adorable owl from Moosing You (this stamp set is FREE when you spend $40 or more before shipping in the TAWS store!):


Supplies
The Alley Way Stamps: Moosing You (owl)
The Alley Way Stamps: Branching Out (branch & sentiment)
Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pads: Chipped Sapphire, Dusty Concord

Ranger Mini Ink Blending Tool
Ranger Mini Ink Blending Foam
Inkadinkado Stamping Masking Paper
Spellbinders Nestabilities: Circles
Memory Box Stencil: Starry Nights (88537)
Imagination Crafts Sparkle Medium: Diamond (SM003)
Amy Tangerine Plus One 6x6 paper pad

Bazzill cardstock: Blackberry Swirl
Memento Ink: Tuxedo Black
Copic Markers: Owl W7 W5 W3 W2 W1; 

Leaves BG99 BG96 BG93 G21; Branch E49 E47 E44 E43

I took an 85x113mm piece of white card and added a "moon" mask cut from my Inkadinkado Stamping Mask Paper using a 48mm circle nestabilities die. I then set to work inking the background using Dusty Concord and Chipped Sapphire distress inks together with my Ranger Mini Ink Blending Tool.  Once the ink was dry, I used my Memory Box Starry Nights stencil and some sparkle medium to create a starry night sky.  I used a plastic palette knife to apply the sparkle paste to the stencil, which meant I could very carefully not add paste to the larger stars of the stencil (as I felt they were too big for this project).  Whilst the background was drying, I stamped the darling owl from Moosing You and the single tree from Branching Out onto my Copic colouring paper, together with the leaves from both sets, coloured them using Copic Markers (colours listed above) and fussy cut them out.  Once my stencilling was dry, I removed the "moon" mask and stamped the "today is your day" sentiment from Branching Out in Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  Finally, I layered the panel onto a 89x117mm piece of Bazzill Blackberry Swirl cardstock, and then fixed it to the centre of a 105x133mm card base (covered with some paper from my Amy Tangerine Plus One 6x6 pad) using foam pads for dimension.


Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Hugs,

2 comments:

  1. This is just so so sweet. I love your beautiful shading and your sweet images, just adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors and the shading. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x