Wednesday, 11 February 2015

TAWS: Moosing You

Happy Wednesday! Today I have a TAWS card to share that I made following yesterday's brand new Colour Q challenge #279.


Supplies
The Alley Way Stamps: Moosing You (Moose, HUGS, tiny heart)
The Alley Way Stamps: Stumped (large heart)
The Alley Way Stamps: Tootharina (medium heart)
Cardstock: SU Real Red
Copics: W9 W7 W5 W3 W2 W1 E43 E42 E41 E40
Whimsy Stamps: Love Large Word die
Whimsy Stamps: Stitched Border Trio die set
Memento inks: Love Letter, Tuxedo Black, Gray Flannel
Anitas Clear 3D Gloss
Fine glitter

I stamped the moose from Moosing You in Memento Tuxedo Black in the bottom right corner of a piece of white card, then lined the panel up at an angle onto my piece of 148x105mm SU Real Red cardstock and trimmed it to fit. I then added a die-cut stitched border along each edge of the white panel, using the straight stitched die from the Whimsy Stamps Stitched Border Trio die set, and glued it to the red base.  Moosing You is FREE with any The Alley Way Stamps order of $40 or more (before shipping) during the month of February 2015!

The Colour Q challenge requires "newsprint", but as I don't have any newsprint stamps, I attempted to create my own newsprint (of sorts, lol!) by stamping the "HUGS" stamp from Moosing You in Memento Gray Flannel several times across the bottom of the moose.

I stamped the moose a second time onto my Copic colouring paper, coloured him with Copic markers (colours listed above), fussy cut him out and glued him over the already-stamped moose image. I tend to prefer to do this technique rather than colour and mask, as I find it tricky to stamp over a mask and get the stamping to go right up to the edge of the masked image.

I then stamped 3 different sized hearts from Moosing You, Stumped and Tootharina in Memento Love Letter around the moose. I covered the largest heart in clear gloss and sprinkled it with fine glitter before it dried. Finally, I used my Whimsy Stamps Love Large Word die to cut 2 "love" words from SU Real Red cardstock. I glued them together for a little bit of height, and then added a layer of Clear Gloss. Once the gloss was dry, I glued the word to my card base and the card was done!

http://www.thealleywaystamps.com/   TAWS Stumped   TAWS Tootharina

Whimsy Stamps Love Large Word die     Whimsy Stamps Stitched Border Trio die set

As well as entering this card into this week's Colour Q Challenge #279, I would also like to enter this card into the current Addicted to CAS #56: Hugs & Kisses challenge, as well as the new CASology challenge #133: Love.

            

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Hugs,

13 comments:

  1. Totally adorable, Semsee! really loves the way you did the words under his feet! Great layout, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! Love the repeat HUGS for the background ... and your adorable, layered moose - so sweet! Thanks for joining us at ATCAS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the cutest card! I love how you stamped the image then added one over it. The hugs are cute around him in two shades and the moose is a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the cutest card! I love how you stamped the image then added one over it. The hugs are cute around him in two shades and the moose is a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you have created your 'newsprint'! So effective, and your moose is too cute! A fantastic card! Thanks so much for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful coloring and lovely design :) Thank you for sharing with ATCAS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE this card...the angled panel, repeated hugs sentiment and the cute moose make it awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE your moose...just so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How adorable is that moose??? Love it, thanks for playing along with us at ATCAS, Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so fun, adorable and totally cute. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What's not to love about this card - it's FABTASTIC and SUPER CUTE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ack! This is just too cute for words!! Your colouring is amazing as well! Thanks for playing along with the ColourQ this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I adore this!!!!!! Thanks for joining CASology, I hope you join us again!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x