Wednesday, 4 February 2015

TAWS: For You Deer Friend

Hi everyone!  I have a card to share today using the gorgeous *NEW* Stumped stamp set from The Alley Way Stamps February release!


Supplies
TAWS Stumped stamp set
Bazzill cardstock: Coconut Swirl
Memento ink: Tuxedo Black

Tim Holtz Distress ink pads: Peeled Paint, Shabby Shutters, Broken China, Tumbled Glass
Copic Markers: Log E49 E47 E44 E43; Deer E18 E19 E15 E13 E11 E000 W9;
Toadstool: E18 R27 R05 R02
Whimsy Stamps: Stitched Border Trio die set

I die-cut a circle from a 99x142mm piece of Bazzill Coconut Swirl cardstock and added a stitched border around the edges of the panel using the straight stitched die from my Stitched Border Trio die set (I love that this die is 6" long and you can use it to added a straight line of stitching anywhere!).  I then temporarily placed the panel onto my 105x148mm white card base and pencilled in where the circle aperture was going to be onto the card base.  I used a post-it note to mask across the top of pencil circle (where I wanted the sky to be) and then used Peeled Paint and Shabby Shutters distress inks to create some grass.  I moved the masked to cover the grass and then inked in the sky using Broken China and Tumbled Glass dstress inks.

I stamped the deer, log and toadstool stamps from Stumped, plus the smaller toadstool stamp from Branching Out, coloured them with Copics (colours listed above), and fussy cut them out.  Then I created the scene, finally adding some glossy accents to the tops of the toadstools (a bit difficult to see in the photo - sorry!).



Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Hugs,

4 comments:

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x