Saturday, 14 February 2015

TAWS (Flashback): Love is in the Air



Supplies
The Alley Way Stamps: get MOOvin' stamp set
The Alley Way Stamps: Lighter than Air stamp set
SU cardstock: Real Red, Tempting Turquoise
Bazzill cardstock: Coconut Swirl, Watermelon Sensation, Grapefruit Bliss, Sour Apple
Doodlebug cardstock: Lilac
Memento ink: Grey Flannel
Doodlebug Kraft in Color Sequins: Ladybug, Bumblebee, Limeade, Swimming Pool, Lilac
Whimsy Stamps Stitched Border Trio die set

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!  Today I have a love-themed card to share using a couple of older The Alley Way Stamps stamp sets.  I adore the rainbow coloured cards that seem to be all over blogland at the moment, and so I thought I'd have a go too! 

I started off by trimming six 6mm strips of different coloured cardstock and adhered them at an angle to a 105x148mm piece of Coconut Swirl cardstock.  I made sure that I cut the strips longer than width of the panel, so that once I glued them down, I could easily snip off the ends to line up the edges.   I added a die cut stitched border to a 79x122mm panel of white card using the plain stitch border die from my Whimsy Stamps Stitched Border Trio die set.  I then stamped the cloud from get MOOvin' in grey ink onto a scrap of white card and fussy cut it out. I used the stitch die again to cut 6 staggered stitched lines underneath the cloud and then popped rainbow coloured sequins at the ends.  I decided to swap out the pink sequin for a pink die-cut heart as I thought it went well with the sweet sentiment from the Lighter than Air stamp set.

http://www.thealleywaystamps.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=getmoovin     http://www.thealleywaystamps.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=lighterthanair

I would like to enter this card into the current CASology challenge #133: Love.


Thanks so much for stopping by today and Happy Valentine's Day!

Hugs,

5 comments:

  1. Absolutely love this card! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO clever! Love that dangling heart among the sequins and all that fabulouscolour! Such a great take on the cue word. thanks so much for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just too darn cute. Love the your pretty sequins and heart hanging down from your cloud, just adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super pretty and bright and cheerful, sure makes me happy looking at this card!!! Thanks for joining CASology, wondrfully done!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x