Wednesday, 28 January 2015

TAWS February Release Day 1: Stumped

Hi everyone! Welcome to Day 1 of The Alley Way Stamps fantastic February 2015 release - woot woot!!

We are sneak peeking the *NEW* Stumped stamp set today, which will be available to purchase from The Alley Way Stamps store at 10pm (mountain time) on Wednesday 31st January.

Stumped is a 4x6" clear stamp set packed full of wonderful woodland themed stamps.  I have used 3 of them on today's card - the tree stump, the darling squirrel, and the cute acorn:


Supplies
TAWS Stumped stamp set (available 31/01/15)
Bazzill cardstock: Bahama, Killarney, Blackberry Swirl, Coconut Swirl
Memento ink: Tuxedo Black

Copic Markers: Stump E49 E47 E44 E43; Squirrel W7 W5 W3 W1 E42 E41;
Acorns E59 E37 E35 E33 E31
Doodlebug Twine: Beetle Black
Whimsy Stamps: Basic Border Trio die set
Whimsy Stamps: Say What? Speech Bubbles die set
Provocraft Cuttlebug die-cutting machine

First, I die-cut a tiny zig zag border along one of the edges of a 105x25mm piece of Bazzill Killarney cardstock using one of the dies from my Basic Border Trio die set, then fixed this piece along the bottom edge of a 105x70mm piece of Bazzill Coconut Swirl cardstock.  I glued this panel to a 105x148mm piece of Bazzill Bahama cardstock, added some Doodlebug twine, and then fixed it to a 105x148mm card base.  I stamped the darling squirrel, tree stump and acorn stamps from Stumped, coloured them with Copics (colours listed above), and fussy cut them out. I glued 2 of the acorns to the right of the panel, and then popped up everything else using self-adhesive foam pads.  Finally, I used my Say What? Speech Bubble die set to cut out a speech bubble from Bazzill Blackberry Swirl cardstock, then I used the separate "HELLO!" die that comes in the set to cut out said word from the speech bubble.  I was going to add it to the card using foam pads, but decided it looked better glued directly onto the background, which meant I could glue the middle part of the "O" back in.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

- Cards und More #124: Animals
- Cuttlebug Mania: Wildlife
- Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes
- Addicted to Stamps and More #129: CAS

If you hop on over to today's sneak peek post on the The Alley Way Stamps blog, you will be able to see the rest of the team's awesome Stumped sneak peek cards, plus there is an opportunity to WIN this fantastic stamp set!  Be quick, as the contest is running for today only and will close at 7pm mountain time tonight (that's 2am tomorrow morning for my UK friends!).

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Hugs,

9 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, how adorable is this?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cute CAS card - love the color combo - thanks for joining us at ATSM this week

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute and totally fabulous! Thank you for sharing at ATSM :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just too darn cute. I love your sweet little critter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously adorable! Your little squirrel scene has me smiling! Thank you for sharing in the ATSM gallery!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute card! Thank you for sharing at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is sooo cute and what great colours.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this Simmone. I am a major fan of your stamp designs have have recently purchased the Say What? set and dies. LOVE them!! This is a CAS beauty. Thanks for the inspiration and thanks for playing along at ATSM xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x