Wednesday, 21 January 2015

TAWS: Celebrate YOU!

This is my second post today!  
If you are looking for the SUGARPEA DESIGNS 1st BIRTHDAY HOP
please scroll down or CLICK HERE.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


Supplies
The Alley Way Stamps: Cake Day stamp set
Versamark ink; Memento ink: Tuxedo Black
Bazzill cardstock: Blackberry Swirl
WOW! Embossing Powder:  Bright White Super Fine (WL01SF)
Copics: Red - R59 R29 R27 R24 R22; Orange - E08 YR07 YR04 Y17
Yellow - YR24 Y17 Y15 Y13; Green - YG67 YG17 YG03 YG00
Turquoise - BG78 BG09 BG49 BG15 BG13; Purple - V09 V17 V15 V01

Doodlebug Sequins

For today's The Alley Ways Stamps card, I have used a couple of stamps from the darling Cake Day stamp set.

I started by adding a black and white striped border to the right edge of a 105x148mm card base. I trimmed a 98x148mm piece of my Copic colouring card and then stamped the super cute gift stamp 6 times down the right edge in black ink.  (I used my stamp positioner to make sure each one was placed perfectly!).  I then coloured them with my Copic markers (colours listed above) and fixed the panel along the left edge of the card base.  For the sentiment, I carefully inked up "celebrate" of the "celebrate you" sentiment stamp from Cake Day in Versamark ink, stamped it onto a scrap of black card and heat embossed it with my favourite white embossing powder.

Originally, I was going to cover each gift with glossy accents and then sprinkle the tiniest amount of fine loose glitter whilst it was still wet, but my glossy accents isn't behaving itself at the moment, so I think I need to relent and buy a new bottle.  I really love the look of sequins on a card, but I have a very hard time using them (I prefer enamel dots or enamel accents), but as I wanted a bit of sparkle, a few sequins made there way onto the card anyway, lol!

http://www.thealleywaystamps.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=cakeday

I followed CAS(E) this Sketch #106 for my layout:


As January is TAWS birthday month, we have a fantastic discount coupon for you - enter PARTYTIME when checking out during January and you'll receive 15 percent off your order!


Also, the celebrations continue with our daily giveaways! Today, Lisa is giving away the Pointers set on her blog! Head on over to win!


Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Hugs,

12 comments:

  1. Love love your card your colouring is awesome!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great CAS card. Celebrate Sugar Pea!! One year old!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card - love the colors and the stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just won this set. Love the layout! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is so bright and happy I love it!!! What a great stamper you are!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a fun rainbow of pretty presents! This is so festive and too fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, this is CUTE! I love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, this is so fun and sweet! Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautifully done. Makes me happy, must be the colors.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x