Friday, 12 December 2014

SPD Sweet2Repeat Blog Hop!


Welcome to the SugarPea Designs Sweet 2 Repeat blog hop where we showcase our newest release! Now that you've had a chance to add these sweet sets to your SugarPea collection, we're bringing you even more inspiration! Be sure to hop along and leave a comment at each stop along the way for a chance to win $20 to spend in the SugarPea Designs Online Shoppe!

For my hop project I made some tags to use on our Christmas gifts this year.  The colour theme we have for our gift wrapping this year is navy, white and silver.  NOT my first choice by any means, lol, but it was impossible to get kraft, golds, browns and oranges this year (which is the colour of our tree decorations and our lounge), so we went with something completely different, haha!  I was going to photograph the tags with the wrapped gifts, but as all the paper we have used is foiled, it was impossible to photograph them without me in the reflection, haha!  So I decided to just photograph one tag and show you the front and back.

I cut out 2 tags from Bazzill Nightmist cardstock using the Sugar Cuts: Gift Tag die and glued the "wrong" sides together so that the front and back of the tag were both a nice canvas texture.  I then added a dotted border to both sides using a white gel pen.  I stamped the dotty label stamp from the Sweet Chic Collection: Layered Treat Labels in Versamark ink and heat embossed it with WOW! silver embossing powder.  I then cut it out using the corresponding Sugar Cuts: Layered Treat Label die.  I also used this die set to cut out the navy circle and the white circle, plus I used one of the pierced circle dies in the same set to add detail to the white circle die cut.


The sentiment is from the Sweet Chic Collection: Sweet Treats - Christmas stamp set, and again I stamped this in Versamark ink and heat embossed it with silver ep.  I cut out the largest star, the pierced banner, and the "to" and "from" words from silver mirri card using the internal dies from the Sugar Cuts: Gift Tag die.  I simply glued the pierced banner to the bottom of the front of the tag and snipped off the ends so it was flush with the edges of the tag.  The "to" and "from" die-cuts were fixed to the back of the tag, ready to add the recipient and sender's details with white gel pen:


Here are the graphics of the sets I used for my tag:






Leave a comment at each spot along the way for a chance to win $20 to spend on some SugarPea sweetness of your very own!


Thanks so much for stopping by today and happy hopping!

Hugs,

15 comments:

  1. It's beautiful Simonne, gorgeous colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that is one gorgeous tag Simonne.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great use of the various dies! I love the way these all layer so perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute - love the CAS look.
    isoscia at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!! You actually have a gift wrapping theme? I'm impressed. This tag is stunning!! Love the color combo and those white dots around the edge must have taken forever, but they are totally the perfect finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All I have to say is WOW!! This tag is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous tag. Love the colors and the elegance you gave it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, beautiful tags. i know what you mean about the foil. i was trying to photograph a card yesterday and i kept showing up in the main panel. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow stunning tag...love the silver.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x