Wednesday, 5 November 2014

SugarPea Designs Holiday Release 2014: Have an Ice Day!


Welcome to Day 3 of SugarPea Designs 2014 Holiday Release!  Today we are excited to sneak peek the adorable Have an Ice Day stamp set. This is such a fun set with loads of different accessory stamps and awesome sentiments.


Again, I created the background for my card with Distress ink pads (told you I was obsessed, haha!) - Chipped Sapphire, Broken China and Tumbled Glass.  This time I used the card I use for Copic colouring.  I was worried that the distress inks wouldn't blend as well, as the card is very smooth and coated, but they did - yay!  Once I'd finished inking, I stamped the fabulous penguin stamp in Memento Tuxedo Black straight onto the background.  I then stamped the image again onto a clean piece of card, coloured the penguin sat on his block of ice, cut it out, and stuck it on top of the corresponding area on the background.  I coloured the ice hole, fishing rod, and the 2 puddles in Copic markers straight onto the background - as the distress inking was very minimal in this area, I was able to do this.  I could have stamped the image and masked it before inking the background, but I didn't feel I needed to (and to be honest, it's a bit of faff masking, lol!).  Finally, I stamped one of the sentiments from the stamp set together with the smallest snowflake stamp in Versamark and heat embossed in white.  A few additional specks of snow using a white gel pen, and it was finished!

I would like to enter this card into this week's CASology challenge week 120, for which the cuecard is "sea".


Would you like to WIN the Have an Ice Day stamp set?! Hop along and visit with the SugarPeas, leaving some comment love along the way! One lucky person will be randomly selected to win the Have an Ice Day stamp set!

Don't forget…our entire Holiday Release will be available in the SugarPea Designs Online Boutique at 6:00 PM EST this Friday, November 7th.


Thanks so much for stopping by today! See you again tomorrow for Day 4!

Hugs,

50 comments:

  1. I love it!! Who doesn't love a penguin!!?? Awesome coloring and card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh! Stunning card! Love the distress ink coloring and the stippled effect of fur on the cap !

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG you made an adorable card creation,everything is perfect,
    nd the image is so cute,
    hugs die waldfee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saw your Gorgeous card at Casology. Great job :)
    Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful dramatic sky! Love the deep rich colours! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! What a gorgeous sky background. Love your colouring on this card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everyone's cards are so great!!! I love your background honey!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an absolutely gorgeous card! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Our coloring just blows me away and you are totally inspiring me to get more creative with distress inks. I usually only do my fluffy clouds using them but think I will experiment more!! Thank you bunches!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for all the coloring tips. An amazing job! Love this little guy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How cute and love the ice fishing scene you created.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I quite like the Have an Ice Day stamp set with the cute penguin. Thank you for the coloring instructions - you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The blues on this are out of this world!! What a cute little guy!! Fantastic work!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is the cutest stamp set!! Love your card, the background is FAB - WOW. Love your penguin too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a perfect icy, night scene...your distressed background is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a super cute card... Love itttt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. There you go with that gorgeous background, again! I am so smitten with this image! Great card - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a fantastic card!!! I love the coloring and the background is outstanding!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow that distressed sky is gorgeous for this cute image.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! Your backgrounds are absolutely amazing! This card is so cute! Love this cute little set and also love that it can be used for multiple occassions.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cool card! Love how you coloured your BG :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I ADORE this Sugarpeas set!!!! Yay what an AMAZING card!!! Thanks for joining us at CASology!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I had to laugh when I saw this card.
    Such a cute design.
    the card is great
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Stunning Christmas card and I love the scene you created!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful card! The penguin is so cute & your background is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such an awesome background for the cute little guy!! love his hat too.

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is soooo adorable!!! And your scene is fabulous. I think leaving the hole/fish part on the background is a great idea; it adds to the nighttime feeling of the card. Your coloring is so gorgeous, it looks so realistic.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow your inking is stunning! the stamp is too cute! beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  29. OMGosh I love your card your colouring is outstanding and the image is so very cute,
    Have a lovely day
    Hugs and Kind regards
    Bridget :) x

    ReplyDelete
  30. I just can't get over how amazing your coloring is!! Looks like that penguin could just pop right off the page!! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow!! Your inking is just beautiful!! Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  32. OMG This is amazing!!!!!!! I want to try it. I have those distress ink colors :D

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wonderful card. Great inking and coloring. Adorable image.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh Sem... it's gorgeous! I love your snow sky and your colouring is out standing girl!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Oh my gosh...this penguin is SO CUTE!!! What a great card!! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  36. wow I have to say your cards are amazing, beautifully done. They look professional

    ReplyDelete
  37. cute image & awesome coloring :) absolutely love the card :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. I just love this stamp set and your card is amazing!!! This is a must have!! Thanks for sharing your beautiful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Brilliant card, your colouring isfantastic. Love the whole look

    ReplyDelete
  40. SO cute and the rich color is amazing!!! Thank you so much for joining us over at CASology! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x