Tuesday, 4 November 2014

SugarPea Designs Holiday Release 2014: Lost Without You


Welcome to Day 2 of SugarPea Designs 2014 Holiday Release - our LARGEST release yet and all just in time for the holiday crafting season!!

Yesterday we introduced Sugar Cuts, our brand new line of wafer-thin steel dies, together with a new line of clear stamps, Sweet Chic Collection. Today we are excited to sneak peek the adorable Lost Without You stamp set.  I adore this image, and the sentiments Wendy has added are beautiful.


I really love how this card turned out.  I only started creating backgrounds with distress inks this year (yep, I was very late to the "distres ink" party, lol!), but since then I have become a bit obsessed with it ... that and white heat embossing, lol!  I trimmed a piece of white card and then got to work with my distress ink pads.  The sky was created with (from dark to light) Chipped Sapphire, Faded Jeans, Broken China and Tumbled Glass, and then the grassy slopes were created with (from dark to light) Forest Moss, Peeled Paint and Shabby Shutters.  I simply used a piece of torn paper for my mask and I love how it gives a more natural look to the slopes than using a die-cut curve (which I was initially going to use).  I heat embossed the gorgeous sentiment and star from the stamp set in white, and then added some stars using a white gel pen - simple!  I did add some shading underneath the shepherd and his sheep to "ground" them, as it looked a little like they were floating without it, lol!


Would you like to WIN the Lost Without You stamp set?! Hop along and visit with the SugarPeas, leaving some comment love along the way! One lucky person will be randomly selected to win the Lost Without You stamp set!

Don't forget…our entire Holiday Release will be available in the SugarPea Designs Online Boutique at 6:00 PM EST this Friday, November 7th.


Thanks so much for stopping by today!  See you again tomorrow for Day 2!

Hugs,

45 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear of the accident hope your daughter feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in awe of your background! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my--glad your daughter is ok and I will be back to see your card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is absolutely stunning!!! Amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card it is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohmigawd! Where's the love button! I love this image and what you did with it but that background just made it! Might have to jump on that background-making-wagon lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely stunning! I m floored!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is STUNNING!!!! OMG, that background!! Everything about this is totally amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is beautiful. There is so much depth to the card. The coloring is wonderful.
    thanks for sharing a great card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad your daughter is ok. :) I love love love your background.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, this is beyond beautiful, love everything about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the background, I've been slow getting on the distressed train too, but going to be working on that! That little shepherd is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW! Your background is amazing. Cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card! Love your background and that Shepard and lamb are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awwww! Spectacular background!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I loved your coloring with the distress inks and using a torn paper template for the slopes - awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That background nearly steals the show! Oh my goodness, what a gorgeous card! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So adorable! That background is just stunning love it

    ReplyDelete
  19. That background is amazing! You might be late to distress inks, but you've definitely made up for lost time!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card, your rolling hills are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow!! Stunning background and love how you created it and the slopes plus beautiful coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my goodness, Sem! This is just stunning! I love the background and your coloring of the shepherd and sheep! The rich, deep colors are stunning and the white embossing is a perfect choice.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am totally going to try and colour like you!!! I bow to you!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow stunning...the colouring is amazing and so is the night sky.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fantastic card! I love the background!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. this background is SO impressive and I love the cute stamp of course!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow! This is gorgeous! Your background is perfect! And the image is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Glad your daughter is o.k.
    I love your beautiful card and great background you created. Love this new stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is so stunning against the dark paper!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow that's amazing coloring great job

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love everything about this card!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Fabulous coloring! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is so amazingly beautiful Simonne. I love your sponged bg and awesome coloring gf.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wowsers Sem! Your colouring and landscape are extremely beautiful! Stunning creation!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Your coloring really stands out in this card - great job!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love love love the background, super sweet card...

    ReplyDelete
  37. Gorgeous card! Your coloring is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  38. WOW!! Your card is beautiful!! The inked night sky is gorgeous and your coloring on the little sheep & shepherd if fantastic. I love this Lost Without You set..the script is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  39. oh wowwwwww!!! you are on a roll with those backgrounds. I'm new to it, too. It's so fascinating. :) I have to get more greens lol

    ReplyDelete
  40. absolutely gorgeous, you have done an amazing job. I love your work & the stamps are divine,

    ReplyDelete
  41. Beautiful card! I love your coloring! thanks for sharing your card!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Adorable! Outstanding coloring and shading!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Just saw your card shared by Splitcoast Stampers. All I can say is AWE-some!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x