Friday, 10 October 2014

CAS(E) this sketch 96: Happy Happy Happy

As soon as I saw this week's CAS(E) this Sketch! challenge #96, I couldn't wait to play along! It's such a fabulous sketch!  I already have lots of other ideas of how to use it, so I am very thankful this particular challenge runs for 2 weeks so I can play again!  I rotated the sketch 90 degrees to the left.

I also followed the colour palette at ColourQ Challenge #262, although I did use more of a hot pink rather than "Pretty in Pink" since this is the only pink embossing powder I have!



First, I stamped the stripes from the Clearly Whimsy Stamps Basic Backgrounds & Borders 1 stamp set vertically several times in black ink onto my 148x105mm white card base. I then cut a piece of white cardstock and stamped the 3 different sized balloons from the Clearly Whimsy Stamps Happy Everything stamp set in grey ink. I then stamped more balloons in Versamark ink and embossed them with WOW pink fizz glitter embossing powder.  The balloon string and the HAPPY sentiment stamp also come from the same stamp set.  Finally, I trimmed the panel by cutting around the balloons and  mounted the panel onto the stamped base card with foam pads!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Hugs.

9 comments:

  1. Oh, I love this! Fabulous job with the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy, happy card! I love the striped paper behind the balloons. And, of course, those sparkly balloons! Thanks for joining us at colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply wonderful birthday card...they do not come any more festive than this. Thank you so much for playing along with us at ColourQ, hope to see you again next week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant card! So vibrant and eye catching. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Simonne I so love your style of card making,just perfect.
    Hugs Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely love this! Great take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute card, SemSee, thanks for playing with us at the colourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fun take on the sketch! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x