Tuesday, 9 September 2014

SugarPea Designs September Sweet Sneak: Undying Love

Hi SugarPea fans and welcome to the second day of our September Sweet Sneaks! Today we are showing you the second of 5 fabulous new SPD stamp sets being released later this week ...Undying Love:


Supplies
SPD Undying Love stamp set
Memento Tuxedo Black ink
Copic markers (colour list at the end of this post)
Echo Park Apothecary Collection 12x12 paper: Spider Webs (AE18006), Hypnotic Stripe - reverse (AE18010)
Bazzill cardstock: Raven
Dusty Concord distress ink; Versamagic Midnight Black chalk ink
Memory Box dies: Country Fence (Poppystamps), Grand Oak Tree

I really love this set!  It comes with 2 zombie stamps (a male and female) and a fantastic array of sentiments.  I used the female zombie image for today's card, and although it took me quite a while to colour, I'm fairly pleased with the results!  I wanted to colour her as a flesh-eating zombie, and so added quite a lot of blood to her hair and clothes, and also some ripped flesh to her skin, hehe!  I am, however, disappointed with myself for not colour matching her purple clothing to the purple background - that's what happens when you colour before you make the card! (I usually do it the other way around!).   I wanted to add some Chipped Sapphire distress ink to the background (which I think would have made it match her purple clothing better), but after hunting for it for about 10 minutes, I suddenly remembered that it's currently with the magazine I design for (I used it in a recent magazine commission, and had to send it off so it could be used for step-by-step photographs).


Would you like to WIN the Undying Love stamp set?! Hop along and visit with the SugarPeas and guests, leaving some comment love along the way! One lucky person will be randomly selected to win the Undying Love stamp set!

Our fabulous September release will be available in the SugarPea Designs Online Shoppe at 6:00 AM EST this Friday!


Thanks so much for stopping by today. Hope to see you again tomorrow for Day 3 of our Sweet Sneaks!

Hugs,


Copics
Skin: W5 W3 W2 W0 BV23 BV20 E53 E51 E50 E41 E40
Hair: W9 W7 W5 W3 W2 E47 E44 E43 E42 (R59 - blood)
Eyes: BV31
Wounds: R59 R24 W3 W2
Clothes: BV08 BV17 BV13 BV20; W9 W7 W5 (R59 - blood)

41 comments:

  1. This is AMAZING! I love the purple background.. The coloring you did on the girl is really nice! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love everything about this card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the contrast with the coloring against the background. I think it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your background.! It's so spooky and so cute at the same time!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your background.! It's so spooky and so cute at the same time!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As if she wasn't zombified enough, you had to push her over the edge further with the gashes and the blood. Love it! Can't wait to play with this set.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The background is so nice. Love the silhouette of the tree with the leaves. Ms Zombie is colored so well. Great card.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome card. Love the added touches -- appropriately zombie creepy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great card, Sem! I didn't even notice the color difference in the background and your image. It looks like you intended it to be that way. I love the background you created!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that tree. That sure did top it off! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute! I love the awesome inked background too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the purple inked background and the dies, really makes for a creepy/cute scene!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I absolutely love how you coloured the girl zombie with the added blood. She's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome card, adore this new stamp set <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your card!! this is my kind of background!! Woo-hoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. GREAT CARD! It has it all, sewing, die cuts, that moon! Love her bloody face!

    ReplyDelete
  17. love the purple background the card is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Are you freakin' kidding me right now!!! Brilliant GF!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your take on the zombie girl and her coloring. I didn't notice the difference in the background and dress. Cannot wait to get this set.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your take on the zombie girl and her coloring. I didn't notice the difference in the background and dress. Cannot wait to get this set.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such fun card and the background is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. oh my...that background and your coloring rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh no you didn't.................oh yes you went there Simonne. Awesome!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ooooh, you gave her such a ghoulishly coloring!! SO fun!! And I don't know what your talking about…her clothing looks amazing against the background. I love everything about this!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  25. Awesome background. I think her clothing looks good with it just as it is!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lol, she doesn't look well! Your coloring is spectacular!!! Love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Jaw-dropping adorable card! Love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Fun image and super cute card. Love tree and the background.
    isoscia at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Super creepy & super cool!! Fantastic job coloring her!! Love the background :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love the coloring on this adorable image!! Her eyes are awesome! This is such a fun stamp set with such great sentiments!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Spooky cute image and great colouring!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Fabulous. Love the papers and stitching and your coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Everything about this card is extremely well done - the border, the background, the diecuts, the coloring!! Just amazingly impressive!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love the nice bright moon and the colors you chose. Nice to see that she isn't green. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Awesome card! Love the scene you created for this beauty! TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x