Wednesday, 2 July 2014

SugarPea Designs!

I have some very exciting news to share today ... I have joined the SugarPea Designs DT! 

I have known Wendy (owner of SPD and amazingly talented Copic colorist) for many years.  I was thrilled for her when she opened the virtual doors of very own stamp company, SugarPea Designs, at the beginning of this year.  She has some of the most talented crafters I know on her DT, and so I was blown away when I received an 'out of the blue' email from Wendy asking me if I would like to be on her DT!  It took me about a nanosecond to reply!  I have had to keep this a secret for a couple of months, but now I can finally let it out, hehe!

There's a little announcement post over on the SugarPea Designs blog introducing the newest members of the team (including me!).  To celebrate the news, I made a card with the adorable Rice Rice Baby stamp set from the Bean Stalk Collection:


I paper-pieced his head scarf and belt as I wanted them to match the background DP, and the sentiment is from the same stamp set (love that all SPD images come with matching sentiments!).  As I wanted the sentiment to be stamped on top of the strip of grey, striped washi tape, I ended up having to heat emboss it as I don't have any ink that's suitable for that kind of surface.   You can find a full list of the supplies I used at the end of this post.

http://sugarpeadesigns.com/product/rice-rice-baby


Wendy is very generously giving away a $15 gift certificate to one lucky commenter.  All you have to do to be entered into the draw to WIN is leave a comment here on my blog on my fellow newbie teammates blogs.  The lucky winner will be poted on the SPD blog on Sunday!

So, do you wanna know who the newest SugarPea designers?  Here you go!  Just click on their pics to head straight to their blogs!  Don't forget to check out SPD blog for more deets.


Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Hugs,


Supplies
SugarPea Designs Rice Rice Baby stamp set
Memento Tuxedo Black ink; Versamark ink
MME 6x6 paper pad - A Mother's Love (#6x6201)
Doodlebug Washi Tape Candy Stripe Assortment (#4235)
Doodlebug Sprinkles - Bumblebee
Stampendous Embossing Powder Midnight Black Opaque (#EP111)
Copics: YR24 YR31 W9 W7 W5 W3 W2 W1 W0 0

40 comments:

  1. BIG congrats on your new DT place, it is so well deserved!
    Your card is wonderful! I love that image, it's coloured so beautifully and the paper-piecing look fabulous. The layout and detailing is just perfect too!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations and I love this card! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! Your darling card...I just love it!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy to be designing with you, Simonne! Your card is delightful!
    Hugs,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations and your card is so darling!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to you!!! Your card is super sweet. Love that image!

    ReplyDelete
  7. fab card love the paper piecing

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! Love this sweet card :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is gorgeous and adorable!! I'm so crazy exciting to have you joining the team! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on being selected for the design team! Your card is adorable...now I'm hungry for sushi!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is super super cute Simonne! So glad Lesley sent me to your blog!!! Very happy for you! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations! Your card is darling and I love the way your designed the card and colored this cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card and I love your paper piecing. Welcome to the SugarPea family!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the paper piecing, such a cute card...

    ReplyDelete
  15. How exciting! CONGRATULATIONS! I LOVE your card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations to you!! Your card is so adorable!! Your coloring is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  17. An adorable image and adorable card! Congrats to you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on the new DT assignment. I'm new to your blog, but I look forward to "getting old" with it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations! Love this fun card!
    <3 Emily L.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What an interesting color combination -- I think I may have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats on the DT. Your card is so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Seriously love this color combo!!! What a great layout too!! Fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  23. A big congrats Simonne. Love your cutie card. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congrats!! Super fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congrats sweetie and love your fun card!
    XXX Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  26. Super cute, love the paper piecing and the colors! Congrats on the DT!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congratulations! Hugs! Hooray! Way to go! Semsee, I have been a follower of your blog for so many years I can't even count. This is a nice feather in your crafting cap. See you in blog land!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congratulations on your new position! Your card is adorable. Love the coloring and paper piecing. Thanks for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  29. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  30. In love with this baby, Simonne!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Very cute--I like the paper piecing.

    ReplyDelete
  32. that is the cutest penguin - love it great card

    Barb Housner

    ReplyDelete
  33. Congrats on joining the SPD team! Your card is adorable! Love that chevron paper and your paper piecing. Can't wait to see more from you.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Very cute! Love the paper piecing!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Congratulations on the DT! This is adorable and so cute. Looking forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Super cute card. Good luck with the DT!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Cute card - love the DP! Congrats on the DT!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Congrats to being on the DT! I just discovered this site and wow, can I say that I'm blown away by what I see! Can't wait to come back!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Awe! Precious card! Congratulations on making the Design Team!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x