Friday, 25 July 2014

SugarPea Designs: SPD07 Challenge - You're So Punny

Happy Friday everyone!

Today I have a SugarPea Designs card to share for our current monthly SPD07 Challenge - You're So Punny.

I used the Spare Me stamp set from the Bean Stalk Collection for my card:


The Spare Me stamp set includes lots of images, shapes and sentiment stamps, so for my card I decided to do something a little different and used the 2 largest diamond shapes to stamp an argyle pattern down the left side of my white panel.  The sentiment is actually one long sentiment, so all I did was very carefully ink up the parts I wanted to use when stamping (I know some people are happy to cut their sentiments apart, but that's not something I could ever do!).  Finally I stamped the largest pin stamp in black, coloured the neck stripe purple, cut it out and popped it up on a foam pad!


I was totally inspired by the CAS(E) this Sketch #86 and followed the yummy colour combination from this week's ColorQ #251.

http://casethissketch.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/case-this-sketch-86.html      http://colourq.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/colourq-challenge-251.html



We've LOVE for you to play along with us!  Here are the rules...
  • Play along with any stamp you like - Winner is chosen at random to keep things fair, but if the winner's project features a SugarPea Designs stamp,, we'll increase the voucher to $15!
  • Feel free combine our challenge with any other challenge(s).
  • Upload to your blog or other online gallery using keyword: SPD07 so that we can easily find your work
  • Add your link to the linkup on the SugarPea Blog. You'll find our current challenges on the sidebar.

Thanks so much for dropping by today and I hope you have an awesome weekend!  

Hugs,

6 comments:

  1. This is wonderful - I love everything about it...the design, the white space and the sentiment is so original! Thanks for playing along at Colour Q!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I absolutely love how you used this set Simonne. Genius. I love that border.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Semsee! Your on a roll. Another cute card!! I love the colors of your cards. Your sentiment is cute too. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love this! Fabulous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha!! Love this. What a fun take on the card and I needed that chuckle! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x