Tuesday, 8 July 2014

SugarPea Designs July Sweet Sneak: Twinkle Twinkle

Hi SugarPea fans and welcome to the Day 2 of our July Sweet Sneaks! Today we are showing you the second of 4 fabulous new SPD stamp sets being released later this week ... Twinkle Twinkle from the Sweet P Collection:


Supplies
SugarPea Designs Twinkle Twinkle stamp set
Memento ink; Versafine ink
Copic markers
Tim Holtz Distress Inks: Dusty Concord, Chipped Sapphire
Imagination Crafts Sparkle Medium Paste: Diamond
Memory Box Stencil: Starry Nights

Stickles; Kraft card

To create the background, I started by inking a piece of white card with Dusty Concord and Chipped Sapphire distress inks.  Once the ink was dry, I placed my stencil over the piece of card and use some trimmed post-it notes to mask off the large stars.  Then I applied my sparkle paste to the stencil to create the starry night!  This is the first time I've used embossing paste and stencils, and I have to say I'm rather pleased with the results! :)  The starry bedspread was created by stamping the 2 different tiny star stamps from the stamp set in a random pattern.  I did add some stickles to each of the tiny stars, but my pants photography skills failed to capture their sparkle!



Would you like to WIN the Twinkle Twinkle stamp set?! Hop along and visit with the SugarPeas and guests, leaving some comment love along the way! One lucky person will be randomly selected to win the Twinkle Twinkle stamp set!

Our fabulous July release will be available in the SugarPea Designs Online Shoppe at 6:00 AM EST this Thursday!



Thanks so much for stopping by today.  Hope to see you tomorrow for Day 3 of our Sweet Sneaks!

Hugs,

42 comments:

  1. What a darling image, super sweet card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning Simonne! I love the image and what you did with the starry background is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you carried the stars onto the rest of the card...the transition of colors is beautiful too!
    Tracy V

    ReplyDelete
  4. your background is soooo smooth - I just cannot do this yet! I love the starts withe the paste - beautiful! This little girl is so dang cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card.. I love your background

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very sweet image and love how you created the sparkly stars.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is so sweet! I love the stars and you did a great job coloring the little sweetie!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow- I love your stenciling! The purple background and twinkling stars make this card perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a sweet stamp!!! Love the card and your coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow, and WOW!!!! your background is sooooo great. love how you cut out the window to see through the image. beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I could spend all day counting off all of the gorgeous details that I love about this card. It is STUNNING!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your background is fabulous! The embossing paste and stencil technique really worked to help create those sparkly stars. Your coloring on the little girl is terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How sweet! I love the night sky you created with the inks and the stars. I haven't tried my hand at embossing paste yet, either, but yours looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely darling card, love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning card, love the ombré background and all of the twinkly
    Little stars!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sweet stamp set and pretty card ~ love the stars and the way you created the window! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a sweet image! And I adore all the amazing texture you've used!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The sparkly stars are perfect for this adorable image!

    ReplyDelete
  19. that is just precious. The coloring is great and the night sky is wonderful. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wowww Beautiful!!! Love the background and all the glittery stars are super cute!!! Love love this stamp..

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is brilliant!!! The LO you created here is perfect for her!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your sparkly stars - the image of the little girl is colored perfectly :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous coloring and card design of this sweet stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful card! I love the distressed background and the framed image.

    ReplyDelete
  25. OMG this is Beautiful!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. what a glorious background you created, Simonne!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love all the stars! Wow, this is stunning, Simonne!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Awww, what a cutie! That's such a sweet image and looks perfect with your starry BG :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is so darling! Love the sparkly star background on the rich purple! So cute!
    <3 Emily L.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I just love how you framed her and carried out the sponging across your card front and with the stars Simonne.

    ReplyDelete
  31. This scene is just precious!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Gorgeous card, this is the most adorable set <3

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is such a sweet image, I love how she is colored and your inked/stenciled background is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I think you did a beautiful job with your coloring and an amazing job with your stars :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wow, Wow, Wow!! Stunning card!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. This is the most adorable card. Love how you made the nighttime scene. Really appreciate the technique info.

    ReplyDelete
  37. This is so pretty. The stamp reminds me of my daughter. I have pinned your card. I would not have thought to use a post-it for a stencil.

    ReplyDelete
  38. She is so darling! I love your coloring and background!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Love the beautifully blended background!! Embossing paste is the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  40. love this image and how you colored it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x