Friday, 27 June 2014

Clearly Whimsy Stamps June Release - Day 2

Hi everyone and welcome to DAY 2 of the ...


This week we are releasing 6 new clear stamp sets and 6 coordinating die/die sets, and they will be available to buy from the Whimsy Stamps store and all good Whimsy Stamps retailers from TOMORROW.

Yesterday we introduced HAPPY EVERYTHING and DISTRESSED BACKGROUND AND INK SPLATS, and today we are excited to introduce you to SMARTY PANTS and SCHOOL SPIRIT stamp sets and dies! Hop on over to the Whimsy blog to take a peek at the new products.

http://www.whimsystamps.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=81_82&products_id=3266     http://www.whimsystamps.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=81_82&products_id=3265



For my first card, I used both paper airplane stamps, the flight path stamp and the "Just a note" sentiment stamp from the SMARTY PANTS stamp set.  I stamped the larger paper airplane stamp onto Doodlebug paper and the smaller one onto white card, cut them out, then popped up 2 with foam pads for dimension and interest.  I would like to enter this card into the Keep it simple! challenge #43 which is Turquoise.


Supplies
Clearly Whimsy Stamps Smarty Pants stamp set
Versafine Onyx Black ink, Versamak ink
Doodlebug 6x6 paper pad: Kraft in Colour - Colour
Stampin' Up Bermuda Bay cardstock
WOW Embossing Powder: Opaque Bright White Super Fine (WL01SF)

I made my second card for one of my old high school friends who is graduating next month.  She has always wanted to study a Geography degree, and I'm so happy that she finally got to live her dream.  I am so proud of her!  I made the card using her university colours, and added the world stamp (from the Travel 2 stamp set) as a nod to subject of her degree.  As she wears glasses, I just had to add the new glasses die!  I cut several of them and then glued them all together for added dimension.  It was very easy to add dimension to the mortarboard die-cut - all I did was die cut 2 then I snipped off the bottom part of the hat from one of them and glued the remaining diamond shape on top of the other!


Supplies
Clearly Whimsy Stamps School Spirit stamp set (Congrats, Graduate)
Clearly Whimsy Stamps Smarty Pants stamp set (strip of stars, arrows)
Clearly Whimsy Stamps Travel 2 - Happy Travels stamp set (world)
Whimsy Stamps Mortarboard & Tassel die set
Whimsy Stamps Glasses & Bracket die set
Memento ink: Grey Flannel, Tuxedo Black, Danube Blue
Bazzill Flinstone cardstock
Anita's 3D Clear Gloss

And for my third card I was totally inspired by this week's new CASE Study Challenge 197 card. I pretty much CASEd the whole thing!  I used the ruler stamp and the "You Rule" sentiment from the new SMARTY PANTS stamp set.  Yep, I painstakingly mapped out a grid so that I stamped the ruler stamp level and equal distance apart - that's the nerd in me, hehe!  I didn't have chance to pop the card under some heavy books to flatten out the vellum before photographing it, so you can see the vellum lifting away slighty from the left and right edges, which gives a little more of a hazy look, lol!  As I'm typing this, I can also see that my top line of stitching is a bit wonky - oops!  I would like to enter this into the STAMPlorations June challenge which is 'Stamps & Borders'.


Supplies
Clearly Whimsy Stamps Smarty Pants stamp set
Memento ink: Tuxedo Black, Morocco
Vellum
Black thread



PRIZE ALERT ... We have hidden a fabulous prize of a $15 GIFT CERTIFICATE at one of the stops on today’s hop! We will draw the lucky winner from the comments left on today’s design team posts (listed below), so be sure to visit everyone and leave a comment to be entered into the draw:


Hope to see you again tomorrow for our RELEASE DAY HOP and the final reveal of our last set of products!

Hugs,

25 comments:

  1. I love each and everyone of your cards. They are amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! These are totally amazing! The stamps and dies look are fabulous and your designs are wonderful. I especially love the papers planes and the clever use of vellum on your last card.
    Thank you for all the inspiration.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three very amazing cards! I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the patterned paper airplanes -- so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love them all especially the airoplanes
    Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  6. they are very beautiful, Sem, lovely ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These stamps are so amazingly adorable! I'm always looking for teacher/school - ish stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lobe the "you rule" card!!! So cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Marvelous cards! I'm in love with the airplane card, thanks for the new ideas. Cheers, Victoria Lavender

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the fabulous pops of green against the turquoise Sem! So glad you joined in the fun @ Keep It Simple!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such cool cards - especially the third one with the vellum overlay! Thanks for sharing it with us at STAMPlorations. Cornelia DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. All 3 cards are fabulous! That perfectly lined up ruler card is totally amazing!! another couple of fabulous sets and dies!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow - all 3 of your cards are gorgeous! The ruler one is particularly eye-catching!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your card designs and these new sets! The little paper airplane is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those are two must haves for my stamp collection. Very fun.

    ReplyDelete
  16. May I post a link to your cards on my Manly Monday blog post? It's a post where I showcase masculine cards for my readers. Let me know if you want your cards in the Monday post and I'll send you a link to it after it goes live. My email is grohcm at gmail dot com. Send a link with an email so I can find your cards again.
    Thanks
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG! Simone you are so amazingly talented. These cards are all brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  18. All your cards are fabulous! The turquoise one is beautiful, love the colors!
    The card for CASE study is so cool and clever!
    Thank you so much for playing along with us at KEEP IT SIMPLE! and CASE study!
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  19. All of these are wonderful! I love your ruler card! Thanks for playing along with CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow these are all so pretty love them. Great take on the challenge. Thanks for joining us over at case study.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a great cards! Love your creations! Looks really professional. Thank you for being with CAS(E) Study this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x