Thursday, 29 May 2014

Muse Challenge #69: Hello



Hi everyone! I hope you're having a great week so far. Today I have a card to share that I made this morning for this week's Muse Challenge #69. Yes, I am now addicted to this new-to-me challenge, hehe! The muse this week is Cornelia, and here is her stunning card:


As you can see, my card is pretty much an exact CASE of Cornelia's card.  I decided to use the 2 different size chevron stamps from my Clearly Whimsy Stamps Happy Hello stamp set to create the  background, as I was too chicken to try the fab paint technique that Cornelia used, lol!  I substituted the large "happy" for a large "hello" die cut and used a couple of sentiment stamps from the Happy Hello stamp set to tie it together.  I must get myself something to make splatters with, as I love the effect on Cornelia's card ... plus it would be a lot cheaper than the Doodlebug sprinkles I used! At £3.99 for a packet of 54, that makes them just shy of 8p each!!! Eeeek!!  A silly price for a tiny self-adhesive, shiny "sticker", so I must find something that's more cost effective, lol!

I'd also like to enter this into this week's Simon Says Wednesday Challenge which is Anything Goes.

Thanks so much for stopping by today.

Hugs,

17 comments:

  1. Super fun background and CASE! Thanks for joining in with Muse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Simone, thanks for playing with me at the Muse - LOVE, LOVE your interpretation - you picked up that chevron pattern - very fresh, fun interpretation! And thanks so much for your wonderful comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! I LOVE this the colours and design are wonderful. I agree with you about the price of the Doodlebug sprinkles too, they do look good though!
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these bright colors behind the diecut! Such a happy card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your take on Cornelia's inspiration card! Beautiful color combo, too! Such a fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card and fun use of the chevron stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is simply amazing! I love the bright colors of the chevron patterns. The black elements make the card pop. Thank you so much for joining us at the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge Blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh this is absolutely gorgeous!! hugs Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this, found you on Pop's blog and just had to have a lookie on yours...love what I see so have joined as a new follower.xx

    Have candy...Annie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love how you've used the chevrons! So glad you joined us at Muse this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So crisp and bold! Those brightly colored chevrons are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Semsee! I love your card. You had me fooled at first. I thought for sure you used washi tape. Then I looked closer and realized you stamped all of those images. Awesome job. I love all of the colors and the sentiment. I might try this with washi tape and see if it comes out as gorgeous as your card! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card - I love all the beautiful colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, wow, Sem, you have done a masterful CASE of Cornelia's card! I love the chevrons and, even though they are more expensive, I love the enamel dots!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful colors, design and sentiment.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the colors and black sentiment is perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x