Thursday, 17 April 2014

Clean & Simple Stamping: FTL288

As soon as I saw this fortnight's Clean & Simple Sketch FTL288 I knew that I just had to join in and use my Feeling Fruity Additions Apple 3x4 photopolymer stamp set from Clearly Whimsy Stamps!


Supplies
Clearly Whimsy Stamps: Feeling Fruity Additions - Apple 3x4 stamp set
Memento ink: Love Letter, Olive Grove, Rich Cocoa
Copic marker: YR31
Bazzill cardstock: Grenadine
Doodlebug Kraft in Color: Kraft 6x6 paper pad
Versamark ink, White Embossing Powder

http://www.whimsystamps.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=81_82&products_id=3084

It did take a little bit of time and care to get the stamping just right for this card.  I started off by drawing a pencil grid on a piece of white card.  I then stamped all of the outlines of the apples using the largest stamp in the Feeling Fruity Additions stamp set in Memento Love Letter ink.  Once that was done, I used my stamp-a-ma-jig to help me stamp the polka dot shape inside each alternative apple, again in Love Letter ink.  I then stamped the little pips in the middle of the remaining apples in Rich Cocoa and coloured them with my YR31 Copic marker.  Finally I stamped the little stalk and leaf with Olive Grove.  Once I was happy with my stamping, I trimmed the panel, matted it onto red card, and popped it up with foam pads onto a card base covered with patterned paper. Finally a  sentiment from the same stamp set (stamped in versamark and heat embossed in white) to finish!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Hugs,

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous creation sweetie as always, hugs Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card!! I want that apple now!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x