Wednesday, 22 January 2014

Whimsy Stamps January Rubber & Die Release - Day 3


Hi everyone and welcome to the Whimsy Stamps January 2014 rubber stamp and die release BLOG HOP!

Our brand new January release of 30 image stamps, 8 sentiment sets, 9 shapeology dies, and 1 designer paper pack is now available to buy from the Whimsy Stamps store!

To celebrate our new release, the DT are holding a blog hop today to share creations made with our new release goodies and I am part of today's hop!

We are hiding FOUR prizes of 2 new release rubber stamps on the DT’s blogs throughout the 5-day release event. You have until the end of the release week (Saturday January 25th at 12.00PM EST) to leave comments on ALL the daily DT blog posts. We will draw the lucky winners over the weekend and announce them here on the Whimsy blog on Monday (January 27th).

To take a peek at today's fabulous new release creations, please click on the links below...



I used the brand *NEW* Celtic Knot Shamrock die and the *NEW* Lucky Charms sentiment set for today's cards.

For my first card, I inlaid the white die-cut shamrock into the green card.  It's a little difficult to see, but if you zoom in you should be able to see the effect a little better:


I also decorated the inside of the card by cutting apart the green die-cut shamrock which was 'waste' from the front of the card:


For my second card I used a die-cut as a mask for inking.  I cut out the shamrock, positioned it onto white card, inked over the top with green ink, then discarded the die-cut.  I simply stamped the sentiment over the top, and voila:


A close-up of the inking:


For my final card, I stamped the luck definition sentiment from the Lucky Charms sentiment set several times in the right corner of the white card base in black ink.  I then used the shamrock die to cut out the shape in the bottom right corner of piece of blue card and adhered it onto the card base so the cut out was positioned over the stamped area.  I then cut out a second shamrock in black cardstock, but snipped away the inside so all I was left with an outline, then placed it in the shamrock "hole".  I added the 'waste' blue shamrock inside the card for decoration (no picture, sorry!).


Be sure to stop by the Whimsy blog for the full reveal of this month's release!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Hugs,

34 comments:

  1. Such stunning creations Simonne, love the way you used the die to cut out the hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice cards!. I love the green shadow effect the die.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Simonne amazing set of cards!!
    XXX Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very inspiring...thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all fantastic, Simonne! Wonderful inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous and creative used for the dies. Love the techniques you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE all of your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love what you have done with the dies...fantastic cards!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great cards. Love how you made them. I think I would like to make St Patrick's Day cards this year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great cards. Love how you made them. I think I would like to make St Patrick's Day cards this year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. great cards... love the layouts..

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love all these CAS cards! My favorite is the second one..the sentiment stamped over the inking is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These really are stunning. Your dies and sentiments are fabulous and your designs showcase them perfectly.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, my! These are super fantastic. With each next one down the page I was "oooing and aahhing" as they were all so magnificent in design. Great way to show how versatile that die image is!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Clean and classic, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your cards are wonderful. I especially love the first 2, they are really outstanding.

    ReplyDelete
  18. And more gorgeousness! Love the CAS style you created with those dies.
    Hugs, Karina

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome!!! Fabulous creations!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous simplicity and love how you've shown off all the ways amazing ways to use the dies! Love your cards

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow that is stunning ----I really like it -----plain but beautiful -----Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wonderful cards. such beautiful sentiments. I love how the shamrock can turn into gorgeous heart - so versatile.

    ReplyDelete
  23. 3 great cards, I love the stencil one, great use of the dies, hugs Sara xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. These are all wonderful creations.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great cards - love the crisp, clean look.
    isoscia@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous makes, really lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow a gorgeous set of cards, love all the different ways you've used the dies and how you used the waste genius idea! Take care, Ann-Marie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Simonne, I'm lovin' your use of dies for inlays and overlapped stamping. Great ideas here! TFS! Hugz, ~ Rose

    ReplyDelete
  29. All 3 cards are CASAF - Clean And Simple and Fabulous. Love how you used the die cut in 3 different ways.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x