Thursday, 10 October 2013

To a True Friend ...

Hi everyone! I hope you're enjoying your week?

Today I have a card to share that I made quite a few months ago but never got around to blogging! Back in October last year (2012) I got to play with the Cricut Mini for a few days (for a commission for Cardmaking & Papercraft magazine). Sadly I wasn't able to keep the machine (darn it, lol!), but this is what I came up with:


Supplies
Cricut Mini electronic cutting machine
Cricut ‘Art Nouveau’ Cartridge
Whimsy Stamps Friendship Notables 2 rubber stamp set (sentiment)
Whimsy Stamps Notables 2 die
My Mind’s Eye Indie Chic ‘Nutmeg’ 6x6 paper pad
Bazzill Bitter Chocolate cardstock
Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels 22 die set
Tim Holtz Distress ink pad - Vintage Photo
4mm Brown halfback pearls; Paper roses; Brown organza ribbon
Die-cutting machine

I cut the swan (at 2.5") with the 'Art Nouveau' cartridge (I'm not sure if that particular cartridge comes with the machine when you buy it, or if it was an 'extra' I was given to play with!).  I used papers from MME Indie Chic Nutmeg 6x6 pad and gave everything a good old distressing with TH Vintage Photo ink!  I was quite pleased with the result, bearing in mind there's no colouring to be seen, lol!

Thanks for popping by today!

I'll be back tomorrow with my new Graph'it Markers challenge card, so I do hope you'll stop by again then as it's a card with a special message! :)

Big hugs,

6 comments:

  1. Love my Cricut too Simonne! The Swan is outstanding! Great color choice!
    Hugs
    Tammy Louise

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful card Sem, I love the swan, the frame the colours and the roses.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG Simonne this is breathaking!!!
    XXX Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's gorgeous! Shame you couldn't keep it - I often wonder whether to get a cutting machine. You've sure made a great add for them! ;)
    Hugs, Shannah xox

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x