Thursday, 17 October 2013

Paperbabe Stamps: Happy Tree Hugs

Happy Thursday everyone!

Today I have a card to share using the fabulous Paperbabe Stamps Tree Hugs stamp set, Cumulus Background stamp and some of the cloud shapes from the SVG digital cut file that coordinates with the High in the Sky stamp set.


Supplies
Paperbabe Stamps Tree Hugs stamp set
Paperbabe Stamps Cumulus Background stamp
Paperbabe Stamps SVG digital cut files - High in the Sky
Versamagic inks: Gingerbread, Red Brick, Pumpkin Spice, Aspen Mist, 

Aegean Blue, Pretty Petunia, Niagara Mist, Spanish Olive
Memento Rich Cocoa ink , E21 & E25 Copic markers
Cardstock: Bazzill Kraft; Core’dinations Colorcore Rustic AO040
Sizzix Tim Holtz Embossing Folders Bricked & Woodgrain Set
Versamark ink; White embossing powder

Most of you will know me as a stamper and colourer, but I also love to stamp with inks (even though I don't do it that often, lol!).  I use distress inks, memento inks and versamagic inks for stamping, and for this creation I mostly used my versamagic chalk inks as I love the gradated effect I can create with them.


First I created the background by inking the Cumulus Background stamp with Aspen Mist, Aegean Blue and Pretty Petunia (working from the top of the stamps to the bottom). Then I used Niagara Mist and Spanish Olive to create the grass, stamping some of the grass stamps from the Tree Hugs set to create detail. I used Pumpkin Spice, Gingerbread and Red Brick to stamp the spotty tree canopy and the coordinating shadow. The tree trunk was stamped on top with Memento Rich Cocoa ink and then coloured  with E21 and E25 Copic markers.  Finally I added some SVG cut clouds and popped them and the tree up with foam pads for dimension.


The sentiment is also from the Tree Hugs stamp set. I love the sentiments that Kim includes in her sets, and especially love the way she mixes fonts!  This one is made from 2 stamps - First I stamped "Happy        Hugs" and then stamped "tree" in the space in between!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Hugs,

5 comments:

  1. This is fabulous Sem, I like the tree the clouds and the embossing
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Sem, I love the autumnal colours and the sky and clouds background is perfect. The woodgrain texture really brings the card together!
    Thank you so much sweetie,
    BiG HuGs
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice looking card, awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice looking card, awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Autumn card!
    Hugs, Shannah xox

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x