Friday, 6 September 2013

Recycle with Lollipop Sticks!

Hi everyone!

As you may or may not know, I am extremely lucky to be a regular designer for the fabulous Cardmaking & Papercraft Magazine. I've been designing for them for 2 years now (wow ... has it really been that long?), and so I have lots of cards and papercraft projects I have made for publication that I haven't got round to blogging!  I promise I won't bore you and show them all, lol, but I would like to share some of my faves over the next month or so, which will hopefully make my blog a little more active (I know I've been quite slack of late, sorry!).

So today's share is a trio of cards I was commissioned to make for issue 105 with the brief of "Recycle with Lollipop sticks".  For my first card, I created a fence with the lolly sticks:

Supplies
Echo Park Dots & Stripes 12x12 paper - Candy Shoppe & Metropolitan
MFT die-namics Flat bottom cloud
MFT By The Numbers stamp set
Martha Stewart grass border punch
Prima flowers, gems, brown ink, circle punch

For the second card I made an actual ice-lolly card!  I took a white card blank and drew the lolly shape onto it freehand so the fold would be on the left of the card at an angle.  I cut it out, covered it in patterned paper, adhered the lolly stick to the reverse and then used my scallop circle punch to take a "bite" out of the corner, lol!  A few embellies to finish it off:

Supplies
Echo Park Country Drive 12x12 collection kit
Scallop circle punch
Spellbinders circle and scallop circle nestabilities dies
Ribbon

For the final card, I covered the lolly sticks in patterned paper and then glued them together to make a photo frame (the photo is one of our daughter when she was younger!):

Supplies
Echo Park Life Is Good 12x12 collection kit
Brown card, pearls, flowers, button

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Hugs,

4 comments:

  1. wow wow wow...three absolutely brilliant projects, Simonne!
    And know what? I love seeing your style morphing more and more towards "clean and simple" ;-)
    {hugs} Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are all fabulous Sem, great use of the lolly sticks I like them all.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love all your lollipop cards.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great ideas! I have a bunch of these popsicle sticks - I knew there was "something" I could do with them but didn't know what. Now you've inspired me to try them out!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x