Saturday, 28 September 2013

Lights, Camera ... Steampunk!

Hi everyone! I hope your weekend is off to a great start?

I have a Steampunk stylesque card to share today which is one of a set of 5 cards and a tag that I made for issue 108 of Cardmaking & Papercraft magazine.  I can't tell you how much I enjoyed making them, and so I hope you won't mind if I share them on my blog over the next week. :)

I was asked to use some Stampendous stamps for this commission which worked perfectly for the Steampunk theme (the one I've used on this card is called Poised Gent).  The gears were die-cut from chipboard using my Tim Holtz Gadget Gears die set, and then painted with metallic paint.  I then dabbed bronze, copper and gold VersaColor inks all over to add texture and detail to them. The gold in the corners is the fabulous Frantage aged gold embossing enamel - love this stuff!!


Supplies
Stampendous Poised Gent cling stamp (CRV264)
Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pads: Antique Linen, Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain
My Favorite Things Die-namics: At The Movies Die & Stamp Set
Graphic 45 Steampunk Debutante 12x12 papers: Victorian Transformers and Eclectic Emporium
Sizzix Bigz Die - Tim Holtz Gadget Gears
Bazzill cardstock: Kraft, Bitter Chocolate
White cardstock, Acetate, Chipboard
VersaColor inks: Bronze, Copper and Gold
Versamark ink
Stampendous Frantage Embossing Enamel - Aged Gold
Gold half pearls

Thanks so much for stopping by today! Hope you have a wonderful weekend and I'll be back on Monday with my next Steampunk installment, lol!

Hugs,

3 comments:

  1. HI sweetie this is just gorgeous hugs Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant Sem, I like the image and all the embellishments.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous Steampunk card!
    Hugs, Shannah xox

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x