Friday, 5 July 2013

Graph'it Challenge #2 - Birthday Bonanza!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Please scroll down or CLICK HERE for my Paperbabe Stamps Debut Launch Blog Hop post
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hi everyone!

So did you join in our first Graph'it Challenge last week? Team A's creations were blow-you-away fantastic weren't they?  Well this week it's the turn of Team B (that's me, Cara, Debbie and Kevin) to provide you with some Graph'it inspiration! Our challenge this week is a BIRTHDAY challenge, so we want to see birthday cards. As a little extra, the team were also challenged to use bright and bold colours this week, so you may want to grab your sunglasses before you hop around our blogs, lol!

For my challenge card I decided to ink up my Whimsy Stamps Airborne rubber stamp (illustrated by KennyK) and paired him with some Simple Stories Urban Traveler 6x6 papers. I want to give a shout-out here to my lovely friend Heidy Blom!  Heidy made a fabulous card using this image and she added flame detail to the underside of the skateboard.  I loved it so much that I just had to do it too! Thank you Heidy for the fabulous inspiration!

Now remember the team is totally new to these markers - we've only had them for a few weeks - so we are all still learning.  I did stamp out 4 of these images as I thought I'd probably mess them up, but amazingly this is my first attempt - they are SO easy to use!  Yes it's official - Graph'it Markers ROCK!!

Supplies
Whimsy Stamps Airborne rubber stamp
Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad
Graph'it Markers (colours listed below)
Simple Stories Urban Traveler 6x6 paper pad
Bazzill Night Mist cardstock
MFT Die-namics: Lead The Way


Graph'it Markers used:
Skin: 4180 4155 4115 4120
Hair: 3290 3250 3245
Red: 3180 5245 5220 5210 4135
Yellow: 3250 3245 1280 1180 1150 1110
Blue (jeans): 7180 7170 7125 7115 7105
Grey: 9505 9503 9501
White: 9501 9500 Blender
Green: 9505 9280 8220

I initially set out to follow Karen's FAB sketch #187 over at Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge, but as I was working on the card, I kinda went off on a tangent a bit, lol!  I will enter this into the challenge anyway, but Karen, if it doesn't qualify, please go ahead and take me off! :)  I'd also like to enter this card into this fortnight's challenge over at Kenny K's Krafty Krew Challenge (#150) which is Teenz Rock!

So now it's your turn to get creating! You have until Sunday 14th July at noon GMT to enter our Birthday challenge. There is a FAB-U-LOUS prize up for grabs and the lucky winner of this challenge will be announced on the blog on Friday 19th July.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Hugs,

15 comments:

  1. Fab details! Fab coloring!! Are you switching all of your markers ? I'm curious to hear more...
    Thanks for your help!
    ~~Nicole's Craft Nook~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning sweetie this is gorgeous big happy hugs love Pops x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Sem, your colouring is perfect, I like the papers and the design.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card hun and thank you for popping by mine and leaving such a sweet comment on my challenge card recently...means a lot!!
    hugs and xxx
    Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gasping!!! Absolutely MAD coloring skills!! It looks AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is fabulous!!! I hope it's ok, I shared it on our KennyK Facebook page :)

    You can find us here https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kenny-Ks-Digis-Rubber-Stamps/493230854071944

    Happy Crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow wow wow! The sneak peak was amazing but the whole card!!!!! Blows me away hun!
    Have a great one in the sunshine!
    Huggles xx Cara xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow your card is amazing Simonne and thank you!!
    XXX Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow your card is amazing Simonne and thank you!!
    XXX Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning Simonne and the colouring just PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!! hugs, Karenxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, look at that coloring and 3D effects - amazing! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful card.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cool card Simonne and your colouring is fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it. Excellent coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this card. The coloring is fabulous. It's perfect for our "Teenz Rock" challenge at Kenny K's Krafty Krew blog. Good luck and please join us again soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x