Saturday, 2 March 2013

Whimsy Stamps: Strawberry Dreamer

Happy weekend everyone! For some reason I'm finding it more and more difficult to get up early at the moment, so 2 days without super early starts couldn't come quick enough for me, lol!  It's going to be a crazy, busy weekend though. Hubby (schoolteacher) is swamped (when is he not, lol?), our darling daughter (who is in Yr 7) has a TONNE of homework to do (I'm sure we didn't have this much when I was that age??), and I have quite a few commissions to complete. Phew! It makes me tired just thinking about it, lol! Anyway, onto today's card...

A while back, Whimsy Stamps was approached by Creative Stamping Magazine (UK) to do a project spotlight in their January 2013 issue (Issue 8) using new Whimsy products. I was chosen to be one of the designers for this project, together with my super-talented teamies, Iris and Mariska, and I was asked to make a card using Strawberry Dreamer, illustrated by Elisabeth Bell for Whimsy Stamps:


Supplies
Stamp: Whimsy Stamps ‘Strawberry Dreamer’ rubber stamp
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Colorbox Creamy Brown, Versamagic Dew Drop Cloud White
Colouring medium: Copic Markers
Card: White & Kraft
Paper: Echo Park ‘For the Record 2 – Tailored’ 6x6 pad
Embellishments: Gems, 4mm Cream pearls, WOC Paper Flowers, Cream Satin Ribbon, Natural Cotton Lace
Dies: Whimsy Stamps ‘Vines’ die set, Die-namics Notched Tag die (butterfly)
Tools: Sewing Machine, White Thread, Die-cutting Machine

You can also buy this adorable 'Strawberry Dreamer' image already coloured as part of our Whimsy Prints range of pre-coloured toppers!  This particular image is part of the Love and Friendship Prints pack of toppers (coloured by me, *blush*), and we also have 5 other sets in the Whimsy Prints collection so far.  Whimsy Prints are also available to buy in the UK exclusively from Dies To Die For!



I hope you have a fabulous weekend, whatever you're up to! Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Hugs,

2 comments:

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x