Wednesday, 13 February 2013

Simon Says Stamp Challenge 199: White on White

Happy Wednesday everyone!

I am very fortunate to be guest designing at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge this month, and so today I have my guest designer make to share with you!


This week's challenge is ...
#199 White on White


As always, Heidi will be giving one lucky entrant a $50 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store!


I was a bit stumped this week, as I'm not a fan of making white-on-white cards - not because I don't like them, but because I have the hardest time making them look good and photographing them.  But a challenge is supposed to be challenge, right? So, after a bit of a think, I decided to make a Christmas card.


I die-cut the triple window using my Memory Box Small Madison Window die. It's quite hard to explain how to do this without photos, but basically you line up the die and card you want to cut so that they poke out the end of the die-cutting plates a bit and run it through the machine. This will cut only part of the window. Then line up the die with the part you have just cut, ensure the part you don't want to cut is poking out the end of the plates again, then run it through the machine).  If anyone is interested in how to do this, let me know in the comments below, and I'll take a few step-by-step photos.




Thanks so much for stopping by today!  Hope you have a great Wednesday!

Hugs,



Click on the pics to be taken straight to the product page at the Simon Says Stamp store:


15 comments:

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Sem :-) I love the way you altered the die, the triple window looks fab and the brick embossing and fence are perfect !! You even have a white christmas tree in the front room ,,, BRILL ! :-)

You're not the only one who finds photographing white cards a challenge,,, snap !! :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Jo (Boots the Monkey) said...

Stunning card Sem ! I love your scene and very clever with your die cutting too !

Hugs

Jo x

Lin said...

WOWOWOWOW!! What a gorgeous card, Sem - lovely mix of elements!

Lisa Carroll said...

Sem, this card is GORGEOUS! You took the challenge and knocked it out of the park with this stunning holiday scene! WOWZA! :)

Heather said...

Hi Sem - snap!! I love white on white but photographing it is a nightmare - your have done brilliantly!!!
Your card is fabulous I love your design - your brick wall is stunning as all your details, especially the fence and glittering!!

hugs
Heather xx

Danni said...

This is stunning! Wow!! Gorgeous card!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Lovely card, Sem! The tree peeking out of the window is just gorgeous!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Barb Ghig said...

Your card is absolutely GORGEOUS! I love all the pretty elements you chose for it...so elegant and perfect for Christmas!

If you don't mind, I would love a step-by-step photo tutorial, as I'm not sure I understand fully how you did this...thank you in advance!

MagsB said...

Oh what a fabulous scene! Just stunning!

love Mags B x

debby4000 said...

WOW Sem this is stunning.
luv
Debby

Natali Yarkova said...

Очень красиво и объемно ...сказочная открытка !!

ribenaruby said...

Absolutely brilliant card! Ruby x

Melissa Bove (SCS ~ Melissa1872) said...

Sem, this card is absolutely stunning! Such beautiful work!

hugs...
Melissa

Margaret said...

Your card is gorgeous! I, too would like to have a photo tutorial of your window card. I am a visual learner and this would help tremendously.

dreamer said...

yes please ,will you post a few photos of the window die, have tried it with disrepair thank you Wendy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails