Saturday, 12 January 2013

Sparkle Creations.January Release Day - Sushi Rin

Hi everyone and welcome to Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps JANUARY RELEASE DAY!

All new stamps are now available to buy from the SCRS store! We are also previewing Sushi Rin today who comes with three fab sentiments.

I followed Sketch #30 from Seems a Little Sketchy, although I did use it in its mirror-image and also substituted the bottom 3 gems for a twine bow:



Unfortunately I'm a little disappointed with this card. I'm really happy with my coloring, but on reflection, I think I should have switched out the red paper for something else.  The vast expanse of red isn't quite working. The paper I used needed more of a pattern (it does have writing on it, but it's hard to tell in the photo). Oh well! You win some, you lose some, lol!  I will use this stamp for one our future challenges and see if I can do a better job, as I love the stamp!!!

Be sure to visit the rest of our fabulous SCRS designers for more peeks of Sushi Rin. Sparkle will be giving away a Sushi Rin rubber stamp to one lucky person! For a chance to WIN, you need to visit and comment on all of the designers' Sushi Rin blog posts (listed below) and leave a comment on the SCRS blog post. You have until midnight EST tonight to comment.


Thanks so much for poppintg by today! I hope you enjoy our new release!

Hugs,

10 comments:

Laura Love said...

This is awesome! Your paper piecing is perfect! Beautiful color choices too!

Beebeebabs said...

Sooooo cute great coloring tfs!!!

Ivonne said...

Wow! Fabulous paper piecing. The papers are beautiful and her hair looks amazing! Hugs, Ivonne

Kathy said...

I think your choice of papers is great, especially the way you used them to paper piece Sushi Rin's outfit. Love this card!

greggers said...

Oh nice paper piecing and choice of paper. I like the red with burnt orange, it makes it fiery! Love the new stamp and your interpretation. TFS

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

It may not be what you had in your minds eye, but the red really pops the image and showcases Sushi Rin well, I LOVE it and your choice of colors and paper. So cute.

KarmaCraft said...

I like the red too, it certainly didn't jump out at me as something that didn't work, I think it looks great. Love that stamp!!!

Linda W. said...

I love your card - the red is really exciting on the card. Don't change a thing! Thanks ever for playing at Seems a Little Sketchy!

Linda W.
http://scrappingheaven.blogspot.com/

Sandy Trefger said...

Adorable image! I love the red and gold colors and how you used the twine instead of the gems. Thanks for joining us at Seems a Little Sketchy!
~sandy
visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

Valerie said...

Cute,cute,cute! like the twine accent.