Tuesday, 22 January 2013

SCRSC96B - Love Song Challenge

Happy Tuesday everyone!

Today I have my Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps Challenge 96 card to share. You have until Sunday 27 January 2013 @ 9 PM PST to play along with our challenge which is a Love Song Challenge:


As soon as I saw this challenge, I knew immediately which love song I would pick! I have  tonnes of favourite love songs (I could spend all day listing them!), but this one is special. It holds the most meaning and the biggest place in my heart. It's the very first song that my hubby sang to me ... down the telephone line ... thousands of miles apart ... him in NZ and me in the UK ... and it has been "our" song ever since ...

"I'll Be" by Edwin McCain:


I was going to use Cheerleading Emily for my card because of the lyric: "I'll be the greatest fan of your life". But as I wanted the card to be more romantic and 'whole-song' inspired, I chose Mr. & Mrs. instead. I followed Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge 176 for my layout:


Supplies
SCRS Mr. & Mrs. rubber stamp
Memento Tuxedo Black ink
Copics
Basic Grey 'Plumeria' 6x6 paper pad
Bazzill Kraft cardstock
Natural Kraft Button Twine, WOC flower
Versamagic Eggplant chalk ink
Spellbinders Circles & Scalloped Circles dies

I used my 'new' Basic Grey Plumeria pad for this card. And talking about Basic Grey, have you seen their newest lines? I can't wait to get my hands on Lucille and Mint Julep. Mint Julep was revealed at Winter CHA 2013 so unfortunately it won't be shipping until April ... arghhh, such a long time to wait, lol!

Do visit the rest of Challenge Team B to see what gorgeousness they have created for your inspiration this week and then hop along to the SCRS blog to join in the challenge!


Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful Tuesday!

Hugs,


I would also like to enter this card into the following challenges:

- Bunny Zoe's: Anything Goes
- Crafty Bloggers #7: Flowers
- CWLC 25: Anything Goes
- Stamp and Create: Love
- Basic Grey: New Beginnings/Something New

11 comments:

Scrappin Chris said...

Such an adorable card!!
Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge this week at Created With Love Challenges

~~Chris

heidy said...

This is gorgeous Simonne,love it!!
XXX Heidy

Danni said...

Stunning card!! So gorgeous!!

Scrappin Mama said...

Absolutely Gorgeous Love the Dp abnd coloring of the image! So cool with the Stickles on her veil
Thanks for joining us at Created With Love Challenges.
LisaO

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Okay but how did you get that veil so sparkly? lol. Love this fabulous design and the colors and dp are so scrumpious. Love it!

Lou said...

Hi! your card is just gorgeous,such a sweet image and your colours/ design are lovely too.
thank you for joining us at BasicGrey Challenge,hugs Lou.xx

Stephanie Kraft said...

Gorgeous, Sem! Love the sparkle on her veil and the rich colors!

Thanks so much for the sweet comment. I will truly miss you as well and wish we lived closer, too. Please stay in touch and hopefully one day the stars will align and we will meet in person! xo

Claire Newcombe said...

WOW, this is a stunner. THe colours are sooo gorgeous. The whole feel is very elegant.

Thank you for joining us at Crafty Bloggers Network this month.
Claire x
(DT)

Patrice said...

Great take on the sketch...I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

http://www.oldbackporch.com/2013/01/52-card-pickup-24.html?m=1

mae said...

Beautiful card! Thank you for joining us this month at Stamp and Create Challenge!
xx,
Mae

Ger said...

Sweet image! Thankyou for joining us this month at Crafty Bloggers Network.
Geraldine M
CBN DT

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails