Friday, 21 December 2012

Whimsy December Release Showcase Day 5

Hello and welcome to Day 5 of Whimsy Stamps December Rubber & Die Release Showcase!

On Monday (17 December) Whimsy Stamps released this month's new rubber designs, Shapeology dies, Whimsy Designer Paper packs and Shape EZ template. From then until 23 December the Whimsy Stamps DT and Special Guests are showcasing these fabulous new goodies with a daily mini blog hop and I am part of today's hop!

Each mini blog hop has a new release prize hidden somewhere along the way and you have 24hrs to enter each prize draw.

To be entered into today's mini blog hop prize draw, be sure to leave a comment on ALL of the DT's posts listed below by 12.00PM EST tomorrow. All winners will be announced here on the Whimsy blog on 24 December.

To take a peek at today's fabulous new release creations, please click on the links below...


I'm trying hard to ensure that most cards I make now are for a specific purpose or a particular person, otherwise I end up stockpiling cards that aren't suitable for my friends and family, lol! Therefore, for today's card I decided to make a birthday card for my dad (whose birthday is in February). I inked up the train image from the gorgeous new Vintage Transpotation 2 stamp set, designed by Raindrop Echo Designs for Whimsy Stamps:


Supplies
Whimsy Stamps Vintage Transpotation 2 stamp set
Tim Holtz Distress ink pads: Antique Linen, Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain
Bazzill Bitter Chocolate & Kraft cardstock
Teresa Collins 'World Traveler' 6x6 paper pad
Tim Holtz Alterations Bigz Die - Gadget Gears

Stampendous Frantage Aged Gold Embossing Enamel
Natural Kraft Button Twine; Chipboard; Metallic ink pads; Versamark ink; 4mm gold flatback pearls

I followed Sweet Sunday Sketch #174 for my layout.  In hindsight, I wish I'd added some clear embossing powder to the image, just so it pops more!

Remember that the entire new release is available to buy right now from the Whimsy Stamps store along with all your Whimsy favourites.

If you would like to join Whimsy Stamps as our Guest Designer for our February 2013 release, please CLICK HERE for all the details. Entries close at 12.00pm on 24 December.

Thanks so much for stopping by today ... and don't forget to leave me a comment as I may be the secret blog hop location, hehe!

Hugs,

23 comments:

Dr Sonia S V said...

Love the wheel you used
Cheers
Dr Sonia

zehra said...

lovely vintage card, sweeet

Gram's Treasures said...

Very nice! Always looking for images and ideas for cards for the guys.
Joyce xx

jan farnworth said...

totally cute.

Michele Duffy said...

All the elements of your card go perfectly with the train image, love it!

theCook said...

Wow! That's very different from the other cards in the hop and I love it! Very nice vintage card!

Patty said...

Wow...love your vintage card..perfect for a man!!

Aartje said...

Beautyful vintage card, great image for a men's card.
Hugs Aartje

Jane said...

Your Dad will love his card, great work x

Lydia said...

a fab man's card xx

Mateja Povše said...

Great masculine card. Like it :)

Danni said...

Awesome!! Love this!

alethea said...

What a beautiful vintage card!!! Perfect for a male card!! HUgsxx

Wendy Thompson said...

Great masculine card Simonne.

Mary-Anne V said...

Great masculine card...love the embossing in the corner.

Ardilla said...

Beautiful creation... male cards are so difficult to do, yours is great!

LaJanette said...

Awesome plan to make person specific cards:0) I am sure your dad will love it. I love the embossed detail on the corner.

Hugs;
Janette

Ea Christiansen said...

What a great card - just perfect for that special guy.
Hugz
Ea

loulou said...

I hear you about the piles of cards - I have boxes of cards that may never see the inside of an envelope. Great card love the ink distressing. cheers Linda

JoanneO said...

Love the train image and how you presented it on your card. I can see sending this card to a man. Sometimes it is hard to find the right image for a man's card! Thanks for the inspiration.

runzalot81 said...

Your card is awesome! I need to look up that train. My DH loves trains.

Beebeebabs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Beebeebabs said...

Very nice