Wednesday, 1 August 2012

Whimsy Stamps Elisabeth Bell L'il Sweet Tweeter

Hi everyone!  First I would like to apologise profusely - I was supposed to post this card yesterday, but due to computer problems (argh!) I couldn't. Better late than never I hope? :)

Anywho ... last Wednesday (25 July), Whimsy Stamps released this month's new rubber designs, new Shapeology dies, new Shape EZ by TLC templates and new MRD digital papers. On Monday I shared a card I made using L'il Bells and today I have used the super-cute L'il Sweet Tweeter illustrated by Elisabeth Bell:


Supplies
Stamp: Whimsy Stamps L'il Sweet Tweeter rubber stamp
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Versamagic Wheat dew drop
Markers: Copic markers
Paper: Basic Grey Porcelain 6x6 pad
Card: Bazzill Kraft; Core'dinations Colorcore
Dies: MFT Die-namics Contempo Cage; Whimsy Stamps Vines die set
Embellishments: Ribbons, pearls, WOC flowers
Tools: Sewing machine, Die-cutting machine, white thread

I have been hoarding this birdcage-print paper from my very old Basic Grey Porcelain pad for years now, waiting for the perfect stamp, lol!, so the paper dictated my colour choices for this card! :) I didn't have a perfect colour match of ribbon, so I laid some ivory organza over the top of some pink silk ribbon.  It looks lovely, but boy was it difficult to tie a bow with two ribbons!  The leaves were die-cut from my Whimsy Stamps Vines die set.  I really love how versatile this set is!  I often snip off the leaves (as I did here) and use them individually rather than part of the swirly die.

If you have joined the Whimsy Stamps team this week and hopped along in our daily mini hops, you may have won a new release stamp! So don't forget to pop along to the Whimsy blog later today to see if you're one of our lucky randomly-drawn winners! :)

Thanks so much for stopping by today and for any comments you may have - I truly appreciate each and every one! :)

Hugs,

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, love everything about it. So very pretty.
    Hugs
    Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely gorgeous! I love the papers and the birdcage! The image is so sweet and perfectly colored!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it Simonne,so beautiful,love your stitching lol!!!
    XXX Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well worth the wait. Love it!
    Hugs
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful card,I love the image and the colours.
    So gorgeous papers.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous and adorable card Sem.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty with all those extra details :) hugs Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely a beautiful card. Love the way you coordinated the stamp with the paper and embelishments. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x