Friday, 10 August 2012

Sparkle Creations August Previews - Cowboy Josh

Hi everyone and welcome to the first day of the Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps August Previews! Today we are excited to show you Cowboy Josh who comes with a darling sentiment that reads "HOWDY". All new stamps will be available to buy on Saturday 11th August 2012, which is TOMORROW!! Yay!

I paired Cowboy Josh with papers from my brand new October Afternoon Sasparilla pad and one of my MFT Country Charm die-namics dies (all bought especially for this release, hehe!). When I was making this card I actually remembered the sewing machine (yay!) and so I added a little sewing around the edge. I'm definitely getting faster at changing the bobbin and threading the cotton now, and even managed to do it without referring to the manual - woo-hoo!!  Hopefully I'll start to become more confident soon and will increase the speed a little - at the moment it's on the tortoise setting (no lie - my machine has a sliding speed scale from tortoise to hare, and no, it's not a child's machine, lol!).


Supplies
Stamp: SCRS Cowboy Josh
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Tim Holtz Antique Linen
Copics: Skin E000 E00 E11 R20; Hair E49 E47 E44;
Hat, Chaps & Waistcoat E44 E43 E42 R24;
Jeans B99 B97 B95 B93; Rope E30 E31
Paper: October Afternoon 'Sasparilla' 8x8 pad
Card: Bazzill Bitter Chocolate; Bazzill Kraft
Dies: MFT Die-namics Country Charms; MFT Die-namics By the Letters; MFT Die-namics Notebook Edge
Embellishments: Natural Twine
Tools: Sewing Machine; Edge Distresser; Cuttlebug

Be sure to visit our fabulous SCRS designers for more peeks of Cowboy Josh. Sparkle will be giving away a Cowboy Josh rubber stamp to one lucky person! For a chance to WIN, you need to visit and comment on all of the designers' Cowboy Josh blog posts (listed below) and leave a comment on the SCRS blog post. You have until midnight EST tonight to comment.


I hope you all have a great Friday! We'll be back tomorrow for release day!

10 comments:

  1. What a darling card. Super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute!! Love all the fun papers and accents with this cutie!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! I am loving the papers to go with this image! WAY FABULOUS!

    Hugs;
    Janette

    ReplyDelete
  5. Plaid and wood! Perfect for a cute little cowboy! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Magnificent paper piecing - love the plaid and bandanna patterned paper. Works great with Cowboy Josh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the layout and the papers. Great job:) This is adorable!!!
    Tabitha's Designs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Great colour choices! I love the bits of paper piecing too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great coloring job! Love the schoolbook paper look.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous, Sem! Love the mix of papers and his neckerchief I was thinking those Country Charm Die-namics would be perfect, too, then I remembered I hadn't bought them... yet! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x