Tuesday, 7 August 2012

SCRSC85B: Charlotte with a Rose

Hi everyone!

Today I have my Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps Challenge #85 card to share with you.  Sorry it's a few hours late!  Hubby is a high school teacher so he and our daughter are home for the entire Summer hols and I'm finding it almost impossible to steal a few hours for crafting, lol!

Our current challenge is a Sketch challenge and so we would like to see a new card or creation made following Kim's fabby sketch. You have until Sunday 12 August @ 9 PM PST (which is Monday 13 August at 5 AM UK time) to play along.


For my challenge card I chose to ink up my beloved Charlotte with a Rose stamp. I paper pieced her outfit (my fave technique!) and paired her with some scrummy (and unused until now!) paper from MME. I really wish I'd added some black stitching to the paper panels, as I think it would have been the perfect finishing touch. My sewing machine has to live packed away in a different cupboard from my crafty stash, and as it's a fairly new addition to the household, I seem to always forget about it! I think I will stick a note to the outside of my crafting cupboard saying "don't forget the sewing machine", lol!



Be sure to stop by the SCRS blog to take a peek at what the rest of challenge team B have made:

YOU ARE HERE ---> Simonne Clay <--- YOU ARE HERE

The SCRS DT will be back on Friday with the 1st of our August release previews, so I would love to invite you to pop back then (there are prizes!).

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Hugs,

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, Sem! Love her pieced outfit and the yummy patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really beautiful card Simonne, I love the colors you used!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x