Monday, 6 August 2012

Kenny K Spy Chick for Whimsy Stamps Magazine


Hi everyone!

Today I have a card to share that was published in the latest FREE online Whimsy Inspirations Magazine (Issue 9) and will also be published in the extended print version of the magazine later this month.  The full colour print version of this magazine will start shipping between 10-15 August 2012.  If you would like to pre-order your copy, please click here to be taken to the relevant page at the Whimsy Stamps store.

For my card I used a older Whimsy Stamps Kenny K rubber stamp called Spy Chick.  I used Copics to colour her, then fussy-cut her out and popped her up on foam pads on a little road scene I created.  I used some Echo Park checkered paper to represent a starting flag, and some of my all-time favourite May Arts striped twill ribbon (available from www.sewsweet.co.uk) to represent tyre marks. Finally, some metal brads and staples and it was finished! A rather simple card in terms of layout and embellies, but the colouring took a LONG time and so I wanted to make that the focus of the card.


Supplies
Stamp: Whimsy Stamps Kenny K Spy Chick
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Copic Markers: Skin E11 E02 E00 E000 R20; Eyes B05 B02; Hair E55 E53 E51; Reds R59 R29 R27 R24 R22;

Greys 100 C7 C5 C3 C1; Headlight Y02; Colorless Blender
Paper: Echo Park 12x12 Ladybug Small Dot (DSHF6005); Echo Park 12x12 Checkerboard (HD19010)
Card: Bazzill 12x12 Raven
Embellishments: May Arts 3/4” Striped Twill Ribbon; Silver Brads; Staples

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Hugs,

2 comments:

  1. Sem this is amazing! stunning card. Joey x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x