Today I have a card to share with you that I made for my brother. Some of my regular readers will know that my brother, Larry Godfrey, is competing in his 3rd consecutive Olympics at London 2012 as one third of the TEAM GB Men's Recurve Archery Team. So exciting!! *insert proud older sister moment here*
So of course I wanted to make a card to wish him luck, and here it is ....
(supplies and instructions are at the end of the post)
Good luck lil bro!! We're all rooting for you and will be cheering you on, whether it be from the stands at Lord's Cricket Ground or from our living rooms. And whatever the outcome, we couldn't be MORE proud!! Love you a million, billion, trillion! xx
Thanks for stopping by today!
- My Favorite Things Die-namics: By The Letters die set
- My Favorite Things: Typewriter Alphabet stamp set
- Spellbinders Nestabilities: Standard Circles die set (SM S4-116)
- Echo Park ‘Happy Days’ 12x12 Collection: Diamond paper (HD19008)
- Echo Park ‘Happy Days’ 12x12 Collection: Alpha Stickers (HD19015)
- Echo Park ‘Happy Days’ 6x6 paper pad (HD19023)
- Cardstock: Black (Bazzill Raven); Red (SU Real Red); Green (SU?); Gold (Core’dinations); Blue (Core’dinations)
- Black ink
- Paper Trimmer, Scissors, PVA glue, Die-cutting machine
- Trim a 136x110mm piece of Echo Park Diamond 12x12 paper (reverse) and layer onto a 140x114mm piece of black card. Layer onto a 148x122mm piece of gold card and fix to the front of a 148x122mm card base (fold at the top).
- Die cut the 5 Olympic rings from coloured card using the 2nd and 3rd smallest circle dies (42mm diameter circle with a 30mm diameter hole). Glue the top parts of the blue, black and red rings to the card base leaving the bottom of the rings unfixed. Cut open the gold and green rings with one scissor snip, thread through blue, black and red rings as shown Add glue to the reverse of the rings and fix to card base, hiding the cuts under one of the links.
- Trim a 130x15mm piece of red spotty paper and cut a kite tail at one end. Trim a 114x4mm piece of black & white striped paper and cut a kit tail at one end. Adhere to card as shown. Die cut the word ‘LUCK’ from black card and glue to card as shown. Add alpha stickers to spell out the word ‘good’. Finally stamp LONDON 2012 and the name of the athlete in black ink using alphabet stamps as shown.