Wednesday, 16 May 2012

Denise's Whimsical Birthday Party Hop


Welcome to Denise's birthday party hop!
If you've come here from Dena's blog, then you're on the right track.
If not, hop back to the beginning at Iris's blog so you don't miss a thing!

Today (May 16) we are celebrating the birthday of one of the best stamp company owners out there: Denise Lynn of Whimsy Stamps! To show our appreciation for Denise's kindness, the Whimsy family and previous guest designers are holding a birthday party blog hop using some of the amazing Whimsy Stamps products that we have grown to love.  Thank you, Denise, for giving us the opportunity to represent a company with great products, wonderful customer service, and most of all, an owner who truly cares about its artists and designers. You are the best!


To show some appreciation to the Whimsy customers for helping us celebrate Denise's birthday, we are giving away a $25 Gift Certificate to Whimsy Stamps store.  Just hop along, leave a comment on all the birthday blog posts isted below by May 21, and a random winner from the comments left on participating blogs will be chosen to win the gift certificate.  The winner will be posted on the Whimsy Stamps blog on May 22.


For Denise's birthday hop card I used the adorable Whimsy Stamps - Cinnamon Sugar stamp and the gorgeous Whimsy Stamps Shapeology Picket Fence die. My 2 sentiment tickets are from Whimsy Stamps Ticket Notes stamp set. The front ticket reads "The friends we meet on the path of life make the trip worth it" and the one at the back reads "You have a special way of being thoughtful...thank you for everything".  I chose both these sentiments for Denise's card because they are perfect for her! :)  I also used my sewing machine on this card ... the very first time I have ever machine sewed - eek!!!!!  I didn't quite get the margin spacing correct on the main paper panel, but I was quite pleased about how the sewing on the image panel turned out, especially as I'd already coloured the image before I decided to sew!! Stupid or brave? You decide, LOL!

I would like to say a personal thank you to Denise. Denise, you are an amazing person and I cannot tell you how blessed I feel to call you my friend and how much I cherish our friendship.  I feel so lucky to have "met" you back in 2009! I absolutely adore you and thank my lucky stars that I get to work for and with you at Whimsy Stamps. I know we (the DT) say this a lot, but I wholeheartedly believe that we have something very special at Whimsy and we have YOU to thank for that.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you my sweet, wonderful friend - you are, quite simply, the BEST!! xxxx

So now it's time for you to hop off to the lovely and super-talented Patricia's blog! Here is the full hop order just in case you need it:

YOU ARE HERE ---> Simonne Clay <--- YOU ARE HERE


Thanks so much for joining us today!  Please feel free to head on over to Denise's blog to wish her a happy birthday :)

Hugs,


Supplies
Stamps: Whimsy Stamps - Cinnamon Sugar and Whimsy Stamps Ticket Notes
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz 'Antique Linen' Distress ink pad
Copics: E000 E00 E11 E02 R20 (skin), E47 E44 E43 E42 (hair), R81 R83 R20 R22 (dress), E43 E41 E40 (apron), B000 (sky)
Paper: Cosmo Cricket Mini Deck 'Tea For Two'
Card: Kraft, White, Coredinations DR030 Aged Wine
Tools: Sewing Machine, Whimsy Stamps Shapeology Picket Fence die, Bow Easy tool
Embellishemtns: 4mm Ivory flatback pearls, Cream seam binding, WOC Flowers

55 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Sem, this little cutie has won my heart!! Lovely color combo too!!

    Hugs,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is gorgeous sweetie, same image and colours great minds think alike, thank you for having me hop with you x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful colours...and I lurve those papers! Super card.
    Hugs
    Fiona xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Simonne this is gorgeous!
    XXX Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! What a beautiful creation...I'm a new follower!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Girlfriend! Boy if your message doesn't get her to feel appreciated, I don't know what would! Your card is fabulous and I adore the way you've done the nose bridge! So talented!
    Hugs
    Tammy Louise

    ReplyDelete
  7. amazing card, love those tickets x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable card, love the colors and textures!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning, Sem! I adore it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely gorgeous, great hop. Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card, lovely colours. I like this sweet little girl. Hugs, Ankie

    ReplyDelete
  12. So wonderful card,I love the image and the colours.
    So gorgeous papers.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this wonderful card, those colors are gorgeous! Hugs! Leah Ann

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your image is beautifully colored. Love all your layers and design.

    ReplyDelete
  15. She's so cute!! Love the sentiment tags! Enjoy your evening, Colinda

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great card with a beautyful colored image. And I love the sentiments.
    Hugs Aartje

    ReplyDelete
  17. So pretty sweets, gorgeous colouring too x

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is lovely. Beautiful colours, love the seam bnding and the sentiments x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my dearest Simonne, thank you so much sweetie! You are the best! Thank you for all that you do for us. You are a truly special person and I am so grateful to call you friend. Thank you for celebrating my birthday with me. Big hugs! Your card is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous card Simonne absolutley beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card! Just so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Loverly..love how she pops and looks life-like.the paper designs and flower are loverly

    ReplyDelete
  23. Absolutely STUNNING Sem, beautiful image and design and love the sentiment. Joeyx

    ReplyDelete
  24. totally stunning card. Just love all the details. Those little tickets are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  25. It's really fab to see the different cards using the same image, Your's is gorgeous, love the embellies and fab layout. The little fence is delightful and love the ticket sentiments,
    Thanks for the fun blog hop too!!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love the soft, rose pink that you used and your coloring is beautiful!

    missstamper (at) yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fabulous card Simonne and I love the soft colors you've picked. Fits the image perfectly!

    Hugs,
    Iris

    ReplyDelete
  28. So beautiful Sem, love your colouring and gorgeous image..fabulous papers too..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh! This is gorgeous sweets, loving the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Happy birthday Denise.
    Loving your card.
    Hugs
    Decsnan x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wonderful card - love all your details. Habby Birthday to Denise.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Great card and great color combination. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Gorgeous card. Love the layout, the colours, the image and especially the sentiment xx

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh how I LOVE this card Simonne!!! Your rocked it girl! Denise will looooove this! The colors are amazing, your coloring is out of this world and wow, wow!!!
    Hugs, Dena

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wow Semsee what a fabulous card , your colouring is stunning well done Hugs Elaine Fabulous image too

    ReplyDelete
  36. Get out of town! Your coloring on this is really spectacular! Holy cow, she looks so real! The papers and layout are really awesome too! This might be my fav one yet! You rocked this!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I love Elizabeth's designs. Your card is gorgeous, thanks for being part of a great hop,
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  38. Oh WOW! I love love love your card! you have coloured her just beautifully! I love all the layers and the papers are exquisite!

    Hugs;
    Shari

    ReplyDelete
  39. One word "Stunning". So glad I hopped to your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  40. This is such a cute card! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  41. So pretty! Love the paper and color choice. TFS joy4umetoo at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  42. Beautiful ard, this is a fabulous hop

    ReplyDelete
  43. Wow Simonne your card is stunning love your coloring and the way you get the shading in her face it's amazing as are the dab papers and gorgeous picket fence die

    Hugs Mandy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  44. Beautiful card Simonne,Your colouring is just stunning and I completely agree with you on what you wrote about Denise she is someone really special,Hugs Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  45. Super sweet! What beautiful colors for such pretty image! I love the way you have colored her up...her nose is just perfect too!

    Happy Birthday to Denise!

    Hugs;
    Janette

    ReplyDelete
  46. The cuteness is overwhelming!!! I just love mauves and dusty rose colours and the great Whimsy goodness you've utilized looks sensational!! Beautiful work!!
    hugs, stephanne

    ReplyDelete
  47. Wow, love how you have defined her nose, your colouring is great.Lovely co-ordinating DP too.
    Hugs
    Lottie x

    ReplyDelete
  48. Fab card Simmone - just love the colours and the image is just great.

    Happy Birthday Denise!

    Toodle Pip

    Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  49. Incredible card! I love all the details! Great coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  50. Gorgeous card Sem :-) the image is lovely and your colouring is fabulous ! :-)

    thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp DT Call and Good Luck :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x